Michigan's Sierra Romero

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
She's unbelievable. Batting over .500 this season and is batting .650 with base loaded. Hit another grand slam yesterday.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
I have met her a few times and she is awesome!! Very friendly, upbeat, and personable. My DD LOVES her!! Great player, great person. Go Blue!!

Dec 7, 2011
Ya no doubt it IS Fichigan,... but I think she rocks like many on that team.

Coach Hutch is somebody I respect allot but wonder sometimes if her style limits the number of girls who can be successful under her management. She is very much "in your face demanding". Do I think this is bad,....no not necessarily. I LOVE her inability to double-speak,like so many other coaches do.

I am a BIG10 fan. This takes courage :)

I am rooting for Minnesota though.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
sromero2_zps9bbd87ab.gif

Mar 26, 2013
Coach Hutch is somebody I respect allot but wonder sometimes if her style limits the number of girls who can be successful under her management. She is very much "in your face demanding". Do I think this is bad,....no not necessarily.
I like Hutch a lot and believe her style is why Michigan is so consistently successful. She does get in their face, but they keep their head up, look her in the eye and acknowledge her. Compare that to Cheridan Hawkins's body language when Mike White talks to her.

Hutch pumps up her players and pushes them to go all out. She also makes expectations very clear and holds them accountable. During the B1G tourney, she went out to visit a pitcher that got off to a rocky start. Her message was something along the lines of "We think you're throwing the ball well and just haven't gotten the results you deserve. Keep going and you'll be fine." Hutch was right as she settled down and pitched a great game. I wish I could read lips and know what Hutch said to Betsa in the first inning today.

It's not easy playing on a team with high expectations. I doubt anyone that can't handle playing for Hutch is up to playing on another national contender.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
The look on Coach Hutch's face last night was priceless - what an end to a very exciting couple of games!!! She looked so genuinely, openly happy. I loved how she gave each of her girls a big hug. Very sad for ASU, though. I love seeing teams win, but I hate to see them lose.

I hope Romero feels better very soon!! She did such a great job when it was clear that she wasn't feeling well at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13