Making a highlight video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
There's a lot of good information here. Having just gone through this with DD who is a freshman at a mid major, I'd like to add some of my experiences.

1- if you are emailing a coach and attaching a video, keep it short... Really short. Use the short 15-20sec video as bait to get to your SportsRecruits page. Our emails would always say, "I've linked a 15sec video of an awsome play from this weekend". It's all about engagement, let them know that they're only committing a small amount of time to watch your video. Think of the 100's of HR summaries that all coaches get per day!

2- If you are going to make game footage into videos, the footage HAS to be good. OF is the toughest to capture. If your kid is an outfielder, you might have to setup another camera that is a lot closer to her and her position. Stitching the Home Plate and OF camera views is easy and will leave an impression. Focus on plays with fantastic effort the most. These coaches will see hundreds of HR's, routine to moderately difficult ground balls, etc. Focus on stuff that will stand out.

3- Take video of BP's with interesting points of view if she is a power hitter. This video of my DD had great engagement with coaches during the fall of her sophmore year in HS right before committing. Just the sights and sounds of one bucket of balls is cool to watch.

https://my.sportsrecruits.com/athlete/mia_krueger?video=2224858

4- Have video of the metrics of the game, overhand throw velocity, tee exit velocity, home to first sprint, etc.

Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htvfastpitch