Louisville Slugger Xeno or Lxt??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
I find vague generalities like this to be unhelpful, maybe even insulting, on a site like this where a whole bunch of educated softball parents/people hang out.

Everyone here can go look at the reviews from justbats and closeoutbats that you repost on your site and find out what bats low information buyers think either "rock" or "suck".

You may want to recalculate what you think this audience is before posting a link to your site in every post that mentions a bat.

+2 on this.

Hey "coach" folks here are not your average wide-eyed just-came-out-of-rec-ball types that you obviously think yer preaching to.

We are a forgiving bunch. I would also suggest you take a deep cleansing breath and re-enter with a different perspective.

Dec 25, 2010
+3

I typed out a response last night, thought better of it and didn't post it. Good post Westwind

I find vague generalities like this to be unhelpful, maybe even insulting, on a site like this where a whole bunch of educated softball parents/people hang out.

Everyone here can go look at the reviews from justbats and closeoutbats that you repost on your site and find out what bats low information buyers think either "rock" or "suck".

You may want to recalculate what you think this audience is before posting a link to your site in every post that mentions a bat.

Jan 14, 2011
Michigan
Hahaha, thank god somebody else did this. I didn't want to be the mean guy :)

To build a "ratings" or "database" of relatively useless reviews makes the ratings useless. People just saying "this bat is great, my daughter hit well" or "this bat sucks, my daughter hit terrible" doesn't lead to any credible ratings system.

And I'm sorry, but the "coaches" review is just a mix of the manufacturers description of the bat and mass generalities that he heard and read. I really don't think he tests any bats to really know much of anything.

I could say more but will hold back. I just couldn't take the terrible info anymore and the constant advice to check out that site

For the record, my website provides:
1) The Manufacturer's description
2) Player, Coach and Parent reviews from around the web (vendors, review sites, forums, and visitors to my site) in one central site to reduce hours of searching; I also calculate % Recommended based solely on these reviews. If some just says "It's a hot bat", while not too qualitative, it at least represents a person who recommends the bat.
3) My personal review (Note: Certainly, I can't see every bat so I only post my review on about half of the bats.

Not trying to insult anyone. I've talked with Marc and sluggers (the moderator) as to the best way to provide information and at least let people know there is a site with more info.

Also, I don't sell anything so I'm not influenced by my "price markup". Just trying to provide another perspective. Take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry if I offend you.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
2) Player, Coach and Parent reviews from around the web (vendors, review sites, forums, and visitors to my site) in one central site to reduce hours of searching; I also calculate % Recommended based solely on these reviews. If some just says "It's a hot bat", while not too qualitative, it at least represents a person who recommends the bat.

Problem is, 95% of the reviews are like that. By somebody just saying "I like it because she hit a homer" or the opposite, it provides absolutely no good feedback and then the site is basing people buying bats off these reviews. That's not good info. Neither is telling somebody so and so bat isn't made for a power hitter or only for young hitters. Your statements are wrong. Its like you read a "how to" book of hitting and bats and now using it to tell people what they should swing and shouldn't swing because that's what the book or video said. Players have tastes and comforts when choosing a bat.

You aren't insulting me one bit because I know what I know...but you seem to be insulting the very high softball intellect and passion that this board and its members posses. I would bet that many, many of these members can teach you a lot of things.

I wish you the best though

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
I saw the Fresno State Bulldogs play. The team is evenly split between Xeno and LXT. However, the top power hitters all use the LXT.

I am currently watching the ASU v. Minnesota game (live streaming) and it appears that every single Sun Devil batter is using the 2014 Xeno. I have not seen a single LXT.

Dec 25, 2010
website?
does anyone have a site/sites where I can watch live streaming games?

I am currently watching the ASU v. Minnesota game (live streaming) and it appears that every single Sun Devil batter is using the 2014 Xeno. I have not seen a single LXT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose