Louisille XENO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2011
We bought my DD a 2012 Xeno at the start of the summer. She is now firmly in the groove with it. Last night they had a double header and she went 6 for 7 with three doubles and 6 RBIs. The three doubles all hit the fence. I hope the bat holds up, but barring any reliability issues it is a monster.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Why do you think that is bad? Have you ever viewed super-slow motion of a player hitting a softball? The bat deflects a great deal (big difference compared to a heavy baseball bat hitting a light baseball). Instead of that deflection happening in the players wrists, it happens at the barrel/handle joint as well. This is why you have players stop complaining about stinging hands when they go to a 2 piece (stealth or CF4 will do the same thing). The bats still have a maximum performance limit, so absorption properties can be built into them while still maintaining that performance limit.

If there were no performance limit set on bats, then yes, having this design feature would be detrimental. That, however, is not the world we live in.

-W

I don't have any pics of DD hitting with her CF4 or CF5 right at the moment of contact. However, with the double-stacked design of these bats, I'd be shocked if they flexed as much as the pic shown of the Xeno. When DD's Xeno broke right at the connection point of the two pieces, I examined how the connection was made. The barrel end is only held on to the handle by a short, thin, hollow, composite shaft approximately 3/4" in diameter. I'll admit that I haven't seen the actual connection method from the inside of any other two piece bats in person because the Xeno is the only one I've seen break. However, after seeing how the Xeno was put together, I was not surprised it broke.

Xeno Connection Method

May 8, 2009
Florida
DD broke her CF4 this spring, here are some images of it. The way the handle attaches to the barrel is a tapered fit - a little over two inches of contact are that is glued. Seems to be a pretty solid design. I also included a picture of the double wall construction. I cant find a good picture right at contact but anything close does not have that amount of flex. I will keep looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0600.jpg
    DSC_0600.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0601.jpg
    DSC_0601.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0599.jpg
    DSC_0599.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60

Staff online

Forum statistics