Louisille XENO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
I had been hearing about how good the XENO bats were, well I got to see one first hand today. One of our high school girls got one last week and was taking some BP today at school. She normally uses a Stealth 33/23 and mashes the ball as well as any high school player around. She normally hits 5-8 bombs in a 20 minute BP session. Today 18 over the fence. Every ball she hit, we thought was gone. This was out of say 75 swings.

Another girl used the bat for her BP session and it was obvious to those watching that the ball was jumping off the bat better than with her Stealth or Anderson.

I dont have scientific data to back it up, but they are the hottest thing I have seen. Our high school team will all be swinging XENO's this coming year.

If you are looking for a bat for your DD, you need to look into the XENO..

Feb 17, 2011
My DD also went from a Stealth -9 to a 33/25 -8 xeno and has been lighting it up this summer. Quite impressed by the bat.

Jul 28, 2008
My DD's showed up on the doorstep yesterday. Used it during BP last night in place of her RT and I was thoroughly impressed.

Mar 13, 2010
I've always loved Louisville bats. They're such a quality brand. If I had the money I'd get myself one. Love my DeMarini, but I always feel best when swinging a Louisville.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
I hear the 2012 model has a breaking problem. This is a 2011 that she's used since last October. So far it's holding up well. She loves this bat.

Jul 26, 2010
Why do you think that is bad? Have you ever viewed super-slow motion of a player hitting a softball? The bat deflects a great deal (big difference compared to a heavy baseball bat hitting a light baseball). Instead of that deflection happening in the players wrists, it happens at the barrel/handle joint as well. This is why you have players stop complaining about stinging hands when they go to a 2 piece (stealth or CF4 will do the same thing). The bats still have a maximum performance limit, so absorption properties can be built into them while still maintaining that performance limit.

If there were no performance limit set on bats, then yes, having this design feature would be detrimental. That, however, is not the world we live in.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish