looking 4 new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

emsdad

#43sdad
Jan 24, 2012
my 15yr old just broke her 2010 cf4 and we are looking at the 2013 cf5 insane or worth legit. any opinions?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
my 15yr old just broke her 2010 cf4 and we are looking at the 2013 cf5 insane or worth legit. any opinions?

Both are good bats. Unless the CF4 was an insane, I wouldn't go to the CF5 insane unless she knows that she likes an endload. Worth 454s getting some good reviews, but unless she's swung a demo or a friend's, you won't know if it will feel/look right to her, which makes the CF5 the safer bet.

Dec 11, 2010
Worth 454 and Miken Freak are supposed to be the same bat. One piece balanced bat. Dd is also 15 and needed a new bat. The big brown truck arrived yesterday with a new 33/23 Freak to replace her 32/22 CF5.

I front tossed a couple buckets to her in the cage last night. She likes it, was hitting it hard. She thinks it has bigger sweet spot.

I hope to go to the field Saturday and front toss to her. We will know more then I think.

Best part is there is a guy on eBay selling them for $149 shipped. (His screen name is batters paradise. I have bought two bats from him now, can't go wrong.)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2012
Best part is there is a guy on eBay selling them for $149 shipped. (His screen name is batters paradise. I have bought two bats from him now, can't go wrong.)

Westwind I saw that great deal and was going to jump on it but he doesn't have any 32/22 :(

Oct 10, 2011
We have both Freak and CF5... The CF5 seemed hotter out of the wrapper, but after a couple hundred hits, the Freak has surpassed it. She used the CF5 all season but made the switch a couple weeks ago.

Dec 11, 2010
DD likes the miken so far, she is hitting it pretty well on our bucket of beat half mushy softballs.

She thinks it has a bigger sweet spot.

I really like the feedback the one piece bat is giving her, the ball strikes seem to feel either ok, awesome, or occasionally sting.

I am thinking the two piece bats might be masking a lot of what the bat needs to tell the hitter.

Digitalden- keep looking! He restocks every so often!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Is a xeno condidered balanced or endloaded?
Tryin to decide on a new bat for dd myself. Pretty well decide on another xeno or cf5. Unfortunately dd is not a beast with the stick. I would say she walks more than she hits. Not a lot of strike outs, just doesn't swing at bad pitches. When she does hit they are quality hits but few blasts.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Xeno is called balanced, but the weight is a little more toward the barrel than most balanced bats. We will not use a xeno again. Dd hit some blasts with the xeno, but there were also a lot of balls that looked like they were on a good trajectory but into a 50 mph wind. I have not seen on ball come off the freak like that, everything coming hard. We front tossed about 25 balls earlier this week and at least 15 hit the fence hard or one bounced the fence.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
Is a xeno condidered balanced or endloaded?
Tryin to decide on a new bat for dd myself. Pretty well decide on another xeno or cf5. Unfortunately dd is not a beast with the stick. I would say she walks more than she hits. Not a lot of strike outs, just doesn't swing at bad pitches. When she does hit they are quality hits but few blasts.

The Xeno -10's are considered a balanced bat, the Xeno -9 and -8 models are considered end loaded

Oct 12, 2012
What's up with some of the Miken NXT Freak (-10) FPNX10 on ebay being gray in color with a pink knob on the end. Most are white with a black knob.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors