looking 4 new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
What's up with some of the Miken NXT Freak (-10) FPNX10 on ebay being gray in color with a pink knob on the end. Most are white with a black knob.

I know right!? So I had won ours for extremely cheap, kind of thought "that gray is kind of ugly". Got the bat and was happy to see it was white with black knob.

Oct 10, 2011
I know right!? So I had won ours for extremely cheap, kind of thought "that gray is kind of ugly". Got the bat and was happy to see it was white with black knob.
That gray bat is fugly! I do like the new Triad coming out very soon. A rep I talked to said it was the most highly tested bat they've come out with and it surpasses the other 2 piece bats currently out, and is balanced different for a faster swing. We'll see...I can't afford to buy one to test it out:(

Oct 29, 2010
Hit the Xeno. Hands down the best bat on the market today, Minus 8,9, and 10 so most average -better players can swing them.
Ron Hock
Owner
Hock Sports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2012
A, A
Has anyone tried the oneX? I hate the sound of the xeno so avoid letting my DD even try one. How do they compare to the Hope and/or Insane (she has swing both and want one of each). she currently has a CF5 -9 and a synergy clarity.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
Has anyone tried the oneX? I hate the sound of the xeno so avoid letting my DD even try one. How do they compare to the Hope and/or Insane (she has swing both and want one of each). she currently has a CF5 -9 and a synergy clarity.

DD's team swung the Xeno's and Onex's this fall. From what I saw and heard, the players liked the Onex's feel and pop but there appeared to be a durability issue with a few of the demo's cracked and one snapped. I think most of them ended up choosing Xeno's for the spring season play.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD has 3 2011 models of the Xeno. She used her first one for 2 summers and 2 Fall seasons and sold it to a teammate who is still using it, no breaking. One of the others has one full summer and then she moved to the bigger one for the high school season. We've not had any issues.

Sep 18, 2011

I really think you could say the same think about every model of bat. The anecdotal evidence suggests that all bats have issues. The best you can hope for is that you have a good warranty and good customer service. Like every bat, the Xenos have had problems, but at ASA 14U nationals I saw more Xenos that all other models combined. So they must be doing something right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan