Live streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2019
Have always used my GoPro Hero5 and the Live4 app to live stream to Facebook. The app has disappeared and I cannot find another app that does what that one did, so I will either have to upgrade my camera to use the gopro app or find another app that works or maybe stream to something else, what are you doing that seems to work for live streaming?

Sep 9, 2019
Game changer team manager is the way to go. Record on a separate device for editing highlights

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If you are a GC customer/user, the GC route is a good one. If you are an iScore user, the SidelineHD is good as well. Both work on devices that can transmit a stream via RTMP (HERO7 and newer). AtheletesGoLive is a smart device only streaming and scoring system that has potential as well.

If you aren't interested in scoring, FaceBook seems to be the easiest in most cases. For GoPro, that requires a HERO7 or higher. But note the limitation that the ultra wide FOV is the only view available. A better option in my opinion is to stream with smart phone and record with a GoPro. The Mevo devices aren't bad, but their newest device is lesser quality than the discontinued device. They did this to increase battery life (which isn't needed because of external power) and stability. It streams 1080p really well. But if you need to pinch zoom to get in closer, the quality drops off quick. It also is fixed FOV. So there is no getting wider than out of the box.

There are some folks who are using encoders to capture and stream from the HDMI out of many of the GoPro's. But this is expensive and requires a bit of knowledge and commitment of the related hardware.

This video is starting to age bit, but still relates to our thoughts on the common options available:

Sep 9, 2019
Used phone to stream, go pro to record. You can allegedly use an external camera from the app. Have not tried that yet as a phone or tablet worked great and was available.

Apr 20, 2015
Use a mevo start. It can stream and record at the same time. I record in 1020 and stream in 780 since most sites won't accept above that anyway for streaming. It works with the new gc team manager but we still use Facebook for our stream.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2017
We've used Iphone12, Larix Broadcaster app to use the Iphones UW camera and stream to Restream (free), where we have Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch channels setup. People can watch on platform they choose. We find Twitch to be the better user experience.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles