Little League: Illegal Pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
After bringing the hands together and separating, the pitcher swings her hand/ball around side to side in front of her, in almost a dance-move motion before swinging back and beginning the windmill motion. I spoke with the UIC after the game and she said it was legal. I looked at the likely-to-apply rules and found it was not as clear as I thought:

(k) The pitch starts when one hand is taken off the ball after the hands have been placed together.
(l) The pitcher must not make any motion to pitch without immediately delivering the ball to the batter.
(n) The pitcher must not make a stop or reversal of the forward motion after separating the hands.

After rereading the above rules, I can't see an issue with it.

Jan 25, 2011
to be honest in LL it seems like anything goes,I really think the way you descriped the motion that the pitcher does,it just tires her out faster,alot of wasted energy.

Jan 25, 2011
okay,it sounds like I was knocking LL,but I'am not, there alot of good players in LL,my dd plays LL during the week.It's just that we see so much in the way of pitching that is illegal in ASA,NSA and USSSA.My dd and I went to practice her hitting and pitching and there happened to be a LL all-star tournament going on at the park.We seen pitchers stepping backwards off the pitchers plate and a few other things that make me wonder,about the pitching rules in LL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom