Linked words in Posts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Anyone else having this problem? I just had my computer "cleaned" and virus checked. I opened a thread and saw a hyperlink in the middle of paragraph. I have these hyperlinked words in every thread. Anyone else?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
An "add on" has been installed in the browser. It is not technically a virus since someone using the browser had to authorize its installation.

Which browser are you using?

Nov 29, 2009
An "add on" has been installed in the browser. It is not technically a virus since someone using the browser had to authorize its installation.

Which browser are you using?

Ray,

I get them using IE. I can guarantee you I did not authorize any addon's. Especially in IE. I'm the only one using this machine. There is something being injected into the pages from the ad software. I see them and NEVER click on them.

I don't get them in Firefox where I use addon's to block ad's and a bunch of the other non-sense many sites try to force into a browser.

SG

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sparky, I bet you something got installed in IE. It has happened to me a couple of times...I thought I was closing something and instead I hit the wrong button. Took me a heck of a long time to figure out what it was.

Go to "manage addons" in IE, and look at toolbars and extensions.

Jul 9, 2012
Normally when you see this...it's a plugin installed on the site itself to help make $. People click on them...site makes a few cents. People gotta eat man!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl