League Mass Communications

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My father is the operations Manager of a baseball league with a little under 2000 players. They get nixed every year for lack of communications. They have no control over their Email lists and are not able to send text messages. They want to get the Managers out of the middle of League communications, like when a game is cancelled.

DD’s SB club uses LeagueLineup that allows people to enter or remove an Email address and join different Email groups. Like General information, Spring Ball, Fall Ball, etc. At least how we have it setup it does not support text messages. Anyone can sign up for the Emails, it is just an Email address. For example my Email address is not attached to my DD, it is just an Email address.

I am looking for a site or product that the end user can maintain their own Email/ Text contact information for multiple groups. Does anyone use something that this that they can recommend?

(Really off topic but last week out of the blue both the White Sox and Cubs called him to sponsor the League. Not 20% discount to games type of stuff but some serious money and some neat perks. It was strange that they both called so I am wondering if there was a push from higher up to become more involved in LL. If you have a major league team in your area it might be worth a phone call.)

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
Much like the emergency notification system listed above, our school uses Honeywell instant alert. It will send a text, an email, and a voice call. You can use all of those options or pick and choose. You can create groups and save/store standard messages. We use it quite a bit for reminders and attendance alerts. No idea what it costs but I do know most parents and community members seem to appreciate it and view it as an effective tool for communication.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom