Kankakee NSA nightmare

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
Signing up for a 16U NSA softball tournament should have been your first sign that your team is doing something wrong. Almost every team that is any good was playing in St. Louis or O'fallon this weekend. This is definitely a C level tournament.

The comment about this being a nightmare or border line child abuse is almost comical. Way too much crying going on for 16u softball team. It was a pretty nice weekend for this area for this time of year. Time to toughen up a little bit.

Looks like we found the tournament director.

jk...

May 29, 2015
I was there spectating since the Missouri High School playoffs are still going on DD's team didn't play. I find it a bit odd that you have these big exposure tournaments in the St. Louis region at a time when a lot of the better local players can't play. I guess that's how it works out. 🤷‍♂️

I did get some dirty looks, but it was not while I was on the field. I wore my Ole Miss Softball sweatshirt in and out of the complex. More than one person came up excitedly with their daughter in tow and asked if I coached at Ole Miss ... and left disappointed when they found out I went to grad school there.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I did get some dirty looks, but it was not while I was on the field. I wore my Ole Miss Softball sweatshirt in and out of the complex. More than one person came up excitedly with their daughter in tow and asked if I coached at Ole Miss ... and left disappointed when they found out I went to grad school there.
DD teammate was committed to Baylor and dad wore the Baylor gear to tourneys. Dad was a big dude and looked like Glenn Moore. Several parents and players approached him thinking he was Glenn Moore. He said maybe I should rethink my wardrobe.

May 17, 2023
I agree with those above that this weekend sounds more the norm that a national disaster.
We have all been to tournaments that are worse than this one described by the OP.

The more I think about it, the more this even seems pretty regular. 4 games completed in 12 hours...definitely leisurely.

By the mid afternoon, all facilities could use a good visit by facilities management to clear out trash and bad bathrooms.

Agree.......DD team played in two one day tourneys earlier this year on a Sat/Sun. Ended up going all the way in both so we got in 10 games total over the two days.

Were some long days for sure but girls handled it well and didn't see any crying except from a few younger siblings :ROFLMAO: .

May 29, 2015
We probably passed each other a few times. I live between the two. Plummer Park is going to expand. We get our hay from the farm next to Plummer Park.

I was teasing ... I was in O'Fallon the whole time (but my hotel was in Fairview Heights).

Believe it or not, all the years I have been doing this and that was the first time I had worked in the St. Louis area. I'm not familiar with all the venues there. Even when my daughter played, I think we only went south a couple of times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad