Jugs Super Softball Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2024
I purchased a good but used Jugs Super Softball pitching machine a few weeks back. Will be replacing the tire but the paint is worn out and the legs were painted a different lighter blue color. Anyone has an idea of the right Ford blue paint to get? I look online and it seems that Dupli color and Rustoleum might have the right one but then I look at the reviews and people complain that it is not the old original Ford blue. Any suggestions on the right paint would be greatly appreciated to try and restore the paint on this machine.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I purchased a good but used Jugs Super Softball pitching machine a few weeks back. Will be replacing the tire but the paint is worn out and the legs were painted a different lighter blue color. Anyone has an idea of the right Ford blue paint to get? I look online and it seems that Dupli color and Rustoleum might have the right one but then I look at the reviews and people complain that it is not the old original Ford blue. Any suggestions on the right paint would be greatly appreciated to try and restore the paint on this machine.
Is it truly Ford blue? That would be easy to come by from any farm store like Tractor Supply, Running's, Mac's, etc.

Jun 8, 2024
I checked Jugs sports site and their FAQ's states to repaint use "Ford Blue paint" but not sure if it's a specific one or is this just a standard color that all paint manufacturers use?

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I guess I should back up; having a farm background, when I hear Ford blue, my mind immediately goes to Ford agricultural equipment, which has been only one hue of blue for decades. I also think the blue Ford badge on cars and trucks is the same hue. That's why I mention Tractor Supply, et. al. I suppose any Ford automotive dealer could set you up with a rattle can of it as well.
Whatever you come up with, there's a good chance it won't match perfectly, especially if the machine has seen time outdoors in the sun. Your best bet would be to disassemble/mask whatever isn't blue so you get as much coverage as possible on what was already painted blue.

Jan 25, 2022
I've always associated Ford blue with their older engine blocks. It's been a while since I looked, but as above said, that's generally available at auto parts stores.

Jan 25, 2022
Oh yeah......I forgot about those.
When I was around 21 (2000), I bought a very rough 67 camaro project to restore with my dad. We found a 350 for it and started a typical rebuild. I wanted a midnight blue car, and wanted the block painted a blue as well.

We couldn't do much with the body at that point, so when we got the block back from machining I stopped by Advance and grabbed some blue spray paint. I get back and start shooting it, and dad turns around and says "thats ford block paint." I had no idea that was even a thing, so he has me think of all the car shows we had been to, and I realized all the chevy stuff was orange.

So I'm ready to face palm, and he said something like "it's yours, you can do whatever you want." So I finished it in ford blue, and every smarty-pants that laid eyes on it reminded me of my error.

Life happened, and we never finished the car. The engine was built but never started or installed. The guy who bought it never started on it, and sold it recently. That chevy block has been wearing Ford clothes for 23 years.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
When I was around 21 (2000), I bought a very rough 67 camaro project to restore with my dad. We found a 350 for it and started a typical rebuild. I wanted a midnight blue car, and wanted the block painted a blue as well.

We couldn't do much with the body at that point, so when we got the block back from machining I stopped by Advance and grabbed some blue spray paint. I get back and start shooting it, and dad turns around and says "thats ford block paint." I had no idea that was even a thing, so he has me think of all the car shows we had been to, and I realized all the chevy stuff was orange.

So I'm ready to face palm, and he said something like "it's yours, you can do whatever you want." So I finished it in ford blue, and every smarty-pants that laid eyes on it reminded me of my error.

Life happened, and we never finished the car. The engine was built but never started or installed. The guy who bought it never started on it, and sold it recently. That chevy block has been wearing Ford clothes for 23 years.
Even John Deere green isn't sacred...

1722691304136.png

Jun 4, 2024
Earth

Good story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym