Jennie Finch camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2010
Has anyone attended a Jennie Finch camp? We were thinking about attending one in Minnesota in December. It is not too expensive, but would be kind of a drive for us and we wanted to make sure it would be worth it.
Larapitch

Oct 18, 2009
IMHO, it depends on the age. My DD went to it for the 1st time as a 9yo. It was so much fun for her getting up close to Jennie and the other Olympians. It was an experience she will never forget. Crystl Bustos used my DD's Cat Osterman Demarini for a hitting demonstration. Crystl wouldn't use any other bat to demonstrate than a Demarini. DD was in awe. She later got Crystl to sign it and never used it again.

As far as instruction... its ok for basic instruction; just a lot of info at one time. To get the most for your time and money there parents should pay attention to what the instructors teach and demonstrate. Possibly take notes and go over it again with them at home. There is simply not enough time to really expect the younger girls to absorb everything.

While we got a picture with Jennie and DD, an autographed item by her and all the other players which were included in the fair registration fee; we ended up spending a lot more than the registration fee after the t-shirt, usa jersey, sweatshirt, sweat pants, hotel room and additional autograph memorabilia. We were also really close to buying the "Finch Windmill" but my wife dragged me into the car before I could get one.

So my overall recommendation would be yes, go if your DD is a Jennie Finch fan and young enough to still be excited to meet Jennie. It is more an experience of being in the same place and getting direct instruction from some of the best softball players in the world. It almost makes what these women have accomplished feel reachable as the Olympic team members there were so nice and down to earth. It made my DD think she could be like one of them one day if she put in the work. If you are truly looking for high end instruction, you may be a little disappointed as it is a lot of info at one time and they really just give basic info. While I know my DD would still like to go back to another one, I may save my money as I think its really the best experience the first time only.

Dec 28, 2008
Well said Fastpitch.

Those types of clinics are intended to inspire girls to dream. Nothing like hearing "Jenny Finch" say "good job sweetie" to make a girl feel unhittable. Once they catch a "dream" they will start pursuing their dream instead of just playing softball.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves