It's been a while...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
We've been working hard. A couple of changes here and there. Two steps, back one step forward.

I don’t like the setup. Eyes are pretty tilted. I like to “work into” good posture during the move forward looking for a ball down and away. Also not big on the rear elbow being above the hands. Tends to create a push and lack of getting palm up early. Shoulders get upside down pretty early also. Just some things to ponder

Jun 8, 2016
If you have any where somebody is pitching to her, show them. I have a feeling her setup is probably different..

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I don’t like the setup. Eyes are pretty tilted. I like to “work into” good posture during the move forward looking for a ball down and away. Also not big on the rear elbow being above the hands. Tends to create a push and lack of getting palm up early. Shoulders get upside down pretty early also. Just some things to ponder
I agree, I also think that she is hunched in her upper back, not hinged at the hip, and that is a major cause of her downstream issues.

Nov 26, 2020
This looks pretty good. Any issues?
Not really, this is the first time she has managed to keep separation of the knees at contact with a ball moving. The big thing we have had trouble changing is the bat gets very vertical at front foot down so her early connection numbers are way high. Haven't figured out a good fix for that yet.

Nov 26, 2020
The exaggerated posture is because she tends to launch her hips upward early so this helps her stay lower. Now that she is landing better on a bent front knee and holding it we may be able to adjust. It's a good suggestion. I do think she is in her hip though.