It’s good to know what you want, I guess.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
This is not a parent coach. This coach has been an assistant at one of the best programs in the country.
How many years would you say they've been in softball?

That post would not be out of ignorance how they posted. Meaning they're probably aware of the various opinions of posting like that.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Well pretty simple to google the wording of the post and find Washington Ladyhawks Carter. You asked us what we think, so I'll reiterate "one of the best programs in the country" wouldn't need to even post tryout info to fill a team to be nationally competitive, especially at 14u. They promote from within.

No doubt, this coach is going to be a hard charger, so jump in if you feel that is what you want. None of the big dogs in SoCal will practice a minimum of 3 x per week, but who knows how programs are run in washington. And they won't tell you how much you need to work by yourself either, they will have plenty of depth and competition that requires the extra work. No wording necessary.

Is this a team that you want your DD playing for or is this just a simple "whadda-you-think" type deal?

Apr 26, 2019
It's horribly written but that isn't what you wanted comments on, no?

Being an assistant on one of the best organizations in the country does not necessarily mean much sometimes. We have one of those organizations in my area. Some of the coaches are no great shakes.

Oct 4, 2018
Well pretty simple to google the wording of the post and find Washington Ladyhawks Carter. You asked us what we think, so I'll reiterate "one of the best programs in the country" wouldn't need to even post tryout info to fill a team to be nationally competitive, especially at 14u. They promote from within.

No doubt, this coach is going to be a hard charger, so jump in if you feel that is what you want. None of the big dogs in SoCal will practice a minimum of 3 x per week, but who knows how programs are run in washington. And they won't tell you how much you need to work by yourself either, they will have plenty of depth and competition that requires the extra work. No wording necessary.

Is this a team that you want your DD playing for or is this just a simple "whadda-you-think" type deal?

Yeah, at 14U our nationally competitive team just asks girls we want to join and they say "yes" and then we all freak out if we think it means less playing time for our DD.

Oct 4, 2018
One of the things that gets me with these types of deals is:

Uh, who have you got already?

I mean I read that and think "Ok, they have their daughters and/or 1 pitcher, a few infielders and need basically everything. No way I jump in until they have more pieces in place".

Now I guess if I have no team or a lousy team perhaps I jump early. But I'm not leaving green grass on my side until I see your grass is pretty green.

Apr 26, 2019
I like how pitchers need an up/down or vertical pitch. :p
Maybe he, or she, was absent the day in First Grade when they learned the difference between horizontal and vertical? Oh, and absent the other days in school when horizontal and vertical were used.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024
Looks the approach isn’t working yet…

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles