Is this catchers interference?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2019
A Batter squares to fake bunt. While he is pulling the bat back it hits the catchers glove. Is that considered catcher interfearance?

May 6, 2015
to me, it would depend on timing.

if the pitch is nearly there, and they pull back, they are not offering, no swing, no CI.

if they pull back early (like they show bunt, pull back on release), possibly they may have been trying to fake bunt swing, possible CI (kinda have to see it to make determination).

if the catcher has the ball already, it may be offensive interference, if they are doing it to keep the catcher back on a steal attempt. again, kinda have to see it.

Oct 11, 2018
to me, it would depend on timing.

if the pitch is nearly there, and they pull back, they are not offering, no swing, no CI.

if they pull back early (like they show bunt, pull back on release), possibly they may have been trying to fake bunt swing, possible CI (kinda have to see it to make determination).

if the catcher has the ball already, it may be offensive interference, if they are doing it to keep the catcher back on a steal attempt. again, kinda have to see it.
A Batter squares to fake bunt. While he is pulling the bat back it hits the catchers glove. Is that considered catcher interfearance?
I've seen this done intentionally by the batter to slow down the catcher from throwing out a stealing base runner. Could be batter interference in that case. Very exaggerated slow and sweeping pull back.

Jul 31, 2019
Pitch it thrown, batter pulls back while pitch is on its way hitting the catchers glove, and prevent the catcher from catching the pitch due to the bat/glove contact. Runner advances, pitch was a strike

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy