Is the GoPro HERO+ (wifi) a viable option for recording games?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2015
I don't this version mentioned very often so I was just curious if this is going to be a decent option for recording games. It's the one I can afford right now lol so I hope it is.

Thanks in advance!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
The issue with the Hero+ is that the only Field of View (FOV) available is UltraWide. In my opinion, UltraWide is only usable on uber small t-ball fields. For most fields, Medium or Linear (Hero5 only) are best for capturing the entire field without fence in the shot.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Mar 11, 2015
The issue with the Hero+ is that the only Field of View (FOV) available is UltraWide. In my opinion, UltraWide is only usable on uber small t-ball fields. For most fields, Medium or Linear (Hero5 only) are best for capturing the entire field without fence in the shot.

What about a used Hero 4 Silver?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
Look for one used, too. You might be able to get a better deal that way. We have the Hero 4 Silver.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
What about a used Hero 4 Silver?

The Hero4 Silver is actually still what we officially recommend (only because we have not been able to test the HERO5 in the heat of the summer....since it came out in the cool of the fall). No issues with this camera (4 Silver) other than stability when using WiFi. I recommend turning WiFi off. Other than that, great camera and has 3 different FOV's to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sostrejr2002