IP called on a 10yo, last night.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She pitches in 12U and I know the umpire just called it on instinct. He went out to her and spoke to her and explained what happened. But, that scored the runner, that was on 3rd. That was 4 runs, so they change sides after that. She came in crying. I asked her what happened and she said that she stopped her wind up, because the 2 opposing coaches yelled "Hold up!" (I don't think it was intentional.)

She said "I don't know why the run scored." It was a teaching moment. We did win, by one run, so it did make a difference. (This was a rec ball tournament.)

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Is there anything illegal about the batting team screaming just at the time of pitch release, other than poor sportsmanship/ coaching? I'm talking quiet and then scream at top of their lungs at ball release. This has been done to DD at a local tourney and PU didn't seem to think it was an issue.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
Also curious. I was under the impression that in the case of an illegal pitch, the call is made, and the umpire was to address the coach...not the player. I have no ruling to back this up. What is the proper umpire protocol? I see a lot of umpires (12U) approaching the circle when a call is made and the coach never has a clue as to what was said other than "illegal pitch".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl