Interesting conversation with PC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
So my dd pitches. However, right now we are nursing a hurt shoulder and are undergoing PT at the moment. My dd's team was in a tournament over the weekend and we went to support our team. I had fun as a spectator. I walked around watching teams warm up etc. I noticed a team with really strong pitchers and I stopped to watch. Apparently, their PC attends their tournaments. They were really throwing the ball. I later saw this PC and stopped them and said wow your pitchers are really throwing the ball. He said thanks. I said so tell me a little bit about your instruction. He said what do you mean? I said where does the ball face at 9. I said I just love the art of pitching and I love to talk about it. He said it all starts at 12....you throw your wrist upward and cock back your wrist all the way down and snap up. I watched the pitchers on that team and none of them threw that way. So I wonder how much money these parents have spent on this instruction and their dds throw completely opposite of their instruction.

Jun 12, 2015
Someone just started a thread on the local board (GCC) about HE v IR. I gave my 2 cents, as is my nature. Kinda curious to see who will chime in. It's interesting seeing how the PCs teach v how their students actually pitch. And how they actually pitched. lol

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Someone just started a thread on the local board (GCC) about HE v IR. I gave my 2 cents, as is my nature. Kinda curious to see who will chime in. It's interesting seeing how the PCs teach v how their students actually pitch. And how they actually pitched. lol

Oh please share a link!

Apr 12, 2015
Because they are just repeating what they were told when taught and never bothered to investigate whether or not that is actually what they do.

Jun 12, 2015
How do you think they'd explain if I asked how, exactly, HE is healthier for young pitchers? I'm trying to figure that one out but nothing is coming to mind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06