Illegal pitching motion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2024
Trying to find out if a pitcher we faced uses an illegal pitch motion. When pitcher breaks hands behind hips as they rock back then she swings arms over her head, then back down behind her hips Again then goes into her windmill and delivers ball. All in a fast motion, never seen this before and I can’t get a definitive answer or find a ruling on pitch motion. Please help very curious because it’s very deceptive motion.

Jul 27, 2021
Picture/video is worth 1000 words.

You might want to search up a video of different pitching syles/errors like: double pump, submarine, quick pitch, etc

Jun 20, 2024
Looks like a double pump to me, watched some college videos didn't see anyone pitch like this. I have a video of the motion but I don’t think a can post a video on this site.

Mar 29, 2023
Not exactly sure I am interpreting your description of the motion right, but wouldn't it violate the clause that "the pitcher does not use a winduup in which there is a stop or reversal of the forward motion." if they are doing multiple windups?

Jun 20, 2024
[ICODE][/ICODE]
Not exactly sure I am interpreting your description of the motion right, but wouldn't it violate the clause that "the pitcher does not use a winduup in which there is a stop or reversal of the forward motion." if they are doing multiple windups?

Jun 22, 2008
If she separates the hands and swings her arm back, she cannot come forward with it and then back again.

Jun 20, 2024
that’s what she does. Do you know what rules that falls under thanks for the info

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach