I/R pitching coaches SF Bay Area for 12u (private lessons)?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2024
Hi,

I'm looking for a I/R pitching coach for my daughter (12u). I've searched the forums and only see a few names from an older post back in 2020. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Preferably in the south bay/peninsula, but would be willing to travel a little if needed. Thanks!

Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking for a I/R pitching coach for my daughter (12u). I've searched the forums and only see a few names from an older post back in 2020. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Preferably in the south bay/peninsula, but would be willing to travel a little if needed. Thanks!
Not too many choices in that area which is probably why you’re asking. There seems to be a couple that aren’t well advertised that you might be able to hunt down (a way to find their names is by looking at the recruiting videos of older pitchers who look like they are notably using IR and seeing who their coaches are). I know Kim Reeder is the pitching coach down in West Valley College and she holds some of her lessons there. Perhaps the coach at CSM might provide some leads. There’s a lady in the south peninsula that does IR but I got no reply and so i don’t have her info anymore.

And of course there’s Rick Balswick, but he’s up in Concord

Aug 21, 2008
And of course there’s Rick Balswick, but he’s up in Concord
I don't know how far Concord is from the OP, or where it is in relation to SF in general. But, if you have an opportunity to see Rich Balswick and don't take it, then your next stop should be to get your head examined. He's on Mt. Rushmore of the all time best pitching coaches. That's not throwing shade at anyone else, it's a compliment to Balswick. Do yourself a favor and go to Concord.

May 18, 2019
Hi,

There aren't many. There is one who is amazing but not taking new students. Kim Reeder is tough to get into but has great students. Christie Mccoy is your other option but I know less about her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831