Looking for IR pitching lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 21, 2012
I recommend Hillhouse if he's within your range of travel. He is in PA, somewhere in north western part of the state I believe. Bill is without a doubt a master of the IR pitching method.

Aug 21, 2008
I recommend Hillhouse if he's within your range of travel. He is in PA, somewhere in north western part of the state I believe. Bill is without a doubt a master of the IR pitching method.
Thanks for the nice compliment. But I live in Omaha currently. Haven't lived in PA for over 3 years.

Aug 21, 2008
Can't you move back! lol
Funny you say that. I'd actually like to. I miss Erie (Pennsylvania). But, earning a living with pitching lessons there is impossible. Assuming I could even find a place to do lessons, there's very few people in Erie that would pay for lessons. Regardless of who the coach is. When I moved back there in April 2000, after being away for 10 years with my ball playing travels, I started my lessons business but found I had to travel to Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo to find people serious enough about softball to want lessons. For a while, my actual weekly schedule was Pittsburgh Tuesdays, Ohio Wednesdays, Buffalo Thursdays, fly out Friday morning to my weekend destination for lessons/clinics, fly home either Sunday night or Monday. I'd get Monday off from lessons then start it all over again. EVERY WEEK. I'd have had less of that if I had people in Erie. :)

Jun 20, 2015
Funny you say that. I'd actually like to. I miss Erie (Pennsylvania). But, earning a living with pitching lessons there is impossible. Assuming I could even find a place to do lessons, there's very few people in Erie that would pay for lessons. Regardless of who the coach is. When I moved back there in April 2000, after being away for 10 years with my ball playing travels, I started my lessons business but found I had to travel to Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo to find people serious enough about softball to want lessons. For a while, my actual weekly schedule was Pittsburgh Tuesdays, Ohio Wednesdays, Buffalo Thursdays, fly out Friday morning to my weekend destination for lessons/clinics, fly home either Sunday night or Monday. I'd get Monday off from lessons then start it all over again. EVERY WEEK. I'd have had less of that if I had people in Erie. :)
small world. I'm originally from Waterford. Softball is building in Erie area, but too small of town and yuck weather in spring.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Hmmm, Omaha eh? Not too far from a certain college in Iowa that could use some coaching help. I wonder... ;-)

Aug 21, 2008
Hmmm, Omaha eh? Not too far from a certain college in Iowa that could use some coaching help. I wonder... ;-)
Which one? I am always amazed at some college's choices in pitching coaches. In many cases, it seems that HC's hire their friends instead of people who are best for the job.

I have a student who is being recruited by almost every P5 school from Alabama to UCLA to everyone in between. A P5 head coach recently asked me what I thought it will take for them to sign her, and I bluntly told her I think they need an upgrade in their pitching coaching. And no, I wasn't lobbying for the job. But, if this student asks my opinion about this school I'm going to tell her I don't think she will improve as a pitcher at that school based on their pitching coaching. I think that will make a big difference when this pitcher makes her choice. FWIW, that coach thanked me for my opinion, then went and hired a new coach: for hitting not for pitching!! lol I think this school will miss out on some good recruits in pitching. Oh well, the coach is making 6 figures at a P5 school and I'm some shmuck in Nebraska. :)

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
For the OP, check out Shaun Walker. He is in Bruno, WV and is an excellent coach. Very knowledgeable and innovative. He is also Elite Level certified by Rick Pauly. A bit of a hike for you but he will make it worth your while.

SHAUNKWALKER@GMAIL.COM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802