I may have just done something?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I used to waste my money on golf, and then my kids started playing softball. Since 2014, I've played one round of golf for my HS charity event.
You are a financial planner right? If you have any clients who have kids who want to get a PhD tell them to forget it..biggest waste of time if you plan on getting married,having kids,owning a house,etc

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You are a financial planner right? If you have any clients who have kids who want to get a PhD tell them to forget it..biggest waste of time if you plan on getting married,having kids,owning a house,etc
My wife is a school district administrator. Right around the time my girls started playing LL, she decided to get her EdD from St. John's University. This despite the fact she has a BA in speech pathology, an MA in speech, and an MA in school administration. She graduated in 2018 with her newly minted doctorate. Her salary increase was amazing. It went up exactly $0.

Jun 8, 2016
My wife is a school district administrator. Right around the time my girls started playing LL, she decided to get her EdD from St. John's University. This despite the fact she has a BA in speech pathology, an MA in speech, and an MA in school administration. She graduated in 2018 with her newly minted doctorate. Her salary increase was amazing. It went up exactly $0.
Yeah I know a bunch of crap which allows me to:

a) teach it to kids who don't really care about it (nor should they really in 2023 for the most part)
b) do research that nobody really cares about (including me much of the time)

That said I could have a higher salary if I wasn't so immature, self-righteous and self-serving that I pissed off most of the people who were in charge of giving me raises when I actually did enough to deserve them (eg not right now)

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah I know a bunch of crap which allows me to:

a) teach it to kids who don't really care about it (nor should they really in 2023 for the most part)
b) do research that nobody really cares about (including me much of the time)

That said I could have a higher salary if I wasn't so immature, self-righteous and self-serving that I pissed off most of the people who were in charge of giving me raises when I actually did enough to deserve them (eg not right now)
I have been a CFP, or certified financial planner, for 15 years after having been in the business for 9 years prior. Did it make me any more money? Maybe a little, but it only cost me about $2,000 in courses and testing. Now, there are some people that say CFP stands for Can't Fu*king Produce, but that's a bit harsh for me.

Seriously though, I could never work for anyone ever again. Being my own boss was the best decision I ever made.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I used to waste my money on golf, and then my kids started playing softball. Since 2014, I've played one round of golf for my HS charity event.
Yeah golf was my never guilty pleasure, then….got married….had Anna….next thing you know I’m in a different State and different hotel every weekend playing softball!

I miss it, only now I realize all the little things in golf that I took for granted, like you know, hitting the ball, chipping, putting, I can’t seem to do them like I did twenty years ago!

Took several boys to the range that’s 2 miles from the house a couple weeks back, I thinned a 5 iron blade and swore I broke a bone on the top of my left hand, felt like I hit myself with a hammer, hurt like crazy for a week!

Golf might be too violent for me now?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying