I Just Had to Do This

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2015
Four years ago, DD pitched her first and only LL games. One and one-half games to be exact. She did alright. After those two attempts she never wanted to get in the circle again. Too much pressure, everyone looking at her, and generally too much responsibility.

Five months ago she says she wants to start pitching again. She's older and more mature. I'm. . . well older. . . but don't know I'm more mature! I do, however, have more knowledge of the game and pitching in general. She's kept playing and I've kept coaching.

DFP has been the most significant source of information and instruction I've ever had. Thank you all!

"OK" I says. After explaining to her the commitment involved, we embarked. Nothing revolutionary. . . just 4-5 times a week of work; drills, long-toss, how many strikes out of 50, etc.

Yesterday, we played our first 14u B-level tourney of the year. Just a one day deal. She doesn't pitch the first game at all. Another girl started the 2nd game and did poorly. My DD is about to get her shot. I'm a nervous wreck in the dugout!

She threw the rest of that game--3 total innings. Six walks and 5 K's!

Yet another girl started the 3rd game but got injured in the 2nd inning. In comes DD and throws 3 shutoutinnings. Only 1 walk and 5 more K's against the team that won our bracket and took 2nd in the tourney. We won that game 11-3.

So basically I'm speechless and very humbled. I'm flying high this Easter Sunday and needed to share with folks who can understand.

I am certainly not a braggart but this is such a perfect forum--Shameless Parent Brag--somewhere it doesn't feel shameful to boast on your DD!

So now our plan is too keep on trucking. Needles to say, DD is very proud of herself and prepared to keep moving on up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd