How would travel ball change "If pitchers were put on a pitch count"?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I have offered to work with teams for free.
So these are players that are already on a team. Cool. They are already beating the odds and aren’t “too underprivileged”.

Rad- that’s good business and it’s also being a good community member. My hats off and I mean that without any snark.

Also your rates are very reasonable. I’d pay that in a heartbeat.

You are doing good things for softball. But…. I think all of us should think long and hard about where this is going. And be real about the Bill’s and Greg’s and Tony’s of the world. And whether we should keep enabling their bs.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I have been working on pitching just in case your daughter or Coach Jones or Coach Smiths daughters get injured or if it’s a really hot weekend and you want to save their Friday innings for Sunday.”
I just want to add I put the daddyball reference in partly for comedic value. Yes, daddy all happens plenty. But not pitching/developing pitchers happens at all levels and with non parent coaches. You even see college coaches running their aces into the ground while other pitchers watch. Another story for another day.

ETA: quoting myself is a new low, lol

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So these are players that are already on a team. Cool. They are already beating the odds and aren’t too underprivileged.

Rad- that’s good business and it’s also being a good community member. My hats off and I mean that without any snark.

Also your rates are very reasonable. I’d pay that in a heartbeat.

You are doing good things for softball. But…. I think all of us should think long and hard about where this is going. And be real about the Bill’s and Greg’s and Tony’s of the world. And whether we should keep enabling their bs.
Thank you !!!

I really in a 'super huge massively way' appreciate that discussions like these are on dfp.
My original goal of joining this chat room is to bring up perspectives for people to think about.
It is great discussions like these are happening!
That hopefully will reach a lot of people and get people to start thinking about whatever their goal and journey is to make it a great journey!.

Dec 11, 2010
A current member here called me “entitled“ a few years ago.

It pi$$ed me off then, kind of still does. Yet that harshness made me think a little different, I lived some experiences that made me think about that statement and I’m better off for it.

Glad to have you here Rad. You are a pleasure to argue with, lol!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Unless you are offering to

a) work with every kid on that team for free, 2 or 3 times a week (at least)
and
b) fund these teams for tournament/travel/etc

it won't (significantly ) address the diversity issue talked about in what you quoted which, btw, is only sort of only tangentially related to the OT.. 🤣

That said it is admirable of you so kudos for that.
Hmmm??
so your comment is
underprivileged people have limited opportunity in softball.

But i dont see how that effects the quality of those players who are finding ways to afford softball?

(Agree,Financial disparity is a topic of its own)

Jun 8, 2016
(Agree,Financial disparity is a topic of its own)
You quoted two posts about financial disparity and then talked about helping kids (and again I think that is great) who have already
broken the barrier to entry. In other words your response was an on-topic (or more on-topic at least) response to two off-topic comments 🤣

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Years ago (actually one of my first students her dad was a family law attorney) offered me this piece of business advice. He said at times he would have friends who would approach him and start talking about some issue between their spouse. He would say 'give me a call at the office and we'll schedule a time to talk about' that. Meaning he was separating just being a friend and having a friend conversation and the fact that people were actually approaching him about what he does for a job. He told me Turbo you are going to have people approach you again and again and again about helping their kids play better softball. You have to decide where you can draw that line of your time and their goal. A lot of the time what I noticed over the years is exactly that...
that people will have a conversation hoping to get a fast drive-thru answer to fix something their kid is not doing correctly or needs to improve on. They think that one sentence is going to fix it. What I noticed over time is people are not willing to put in the time!
Many want a drive-through breakthrough ...
that just isn't something that works often in sports.

Now i see people willing to spend lots of $$$$
Yet not spend time to make the $$$$ spent quality time.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
You quoted two posts about financial disparity and then talked about helping kids (and again I think that is great) who have already
broken the barrier to entry. In other words your response was an on-topic (or more on-topic at least) response to two off-topic comments 🤣
No I spoke about diversity meaning there are people that are doing softball for all different reasons I wasn't talking about financial disparity that was Westwinds point

radness

Dec 13, 2019
My point is the same as yours money does not make better softball players. Putting work in makes players better and that does not take money.
Well equiptment costs money...

Dec 11, 2010
Years ago (actually one of my first students her dad was a family law attorney offered me this piece of business advice. He said at times he would have friends who would approach him and start talking about some issue between their spouse. He would say 'give me a call at the office and we'll schedule a time to talk about' that. Meaning he was separating just being a friend and having a friend conversation and the fact that people were actually approaching him about what he does for a job. He told me Turbo you are going to have people approach you again and again and again about helping their kids play better softball. You have to decide where you can draw that line of your time and there call goal. A lot of the time what I noticed over the years is exactly that...
that people will have a conversation hoping to get a fast drive-thru answer to fix something their kid is not doing correctly or needs to improve on. They think that one sentence is going to fix it. What I noticed over time is people are not willing to put in the time!
Many want a drive-through breakthrough ...
that just isn't something that works often in sports.

Now i see people willing to spend lots of $$$$
Yet not spend time to make the $$$$ spent quality time.
Thread topic!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying