How would travel ball change "If pitchers were put on a pitch count"?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It is obvious that we would need more players that can pitch.

The current system discourages pitchers growth in many ways. One of those ways would be, coaches are forced to play the "ace" as long as they are effective. Coaches would be able to help grow a developing pitcher if they had innings to do that.

*Do you not think that demand would bring up supply if given enough time?
Have never ever heard a coach say
'Please dont work on developing skills (like pitching) on your own'

*No demand is already there.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Is this really true?
Yes! Could add conversations with people who coach and train in the base ball Community here. The team disparity thing could be 1 baseball team 15 softball teams.
Seriously not joking at all on this.
A couple years ago I was completely amazed to find out that club baseball was so limited in the amount of teams they have surprisingly so. Because several of my neighbors are involved and coaches I know through students it was a conversation I followed up on over the years.
For the most part they play Little League but as far as Club baseball (that's what I'm speaking to Club baseball compared to travel ball) nowhere near as expansive as softball travel ball.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Now that I think about it I have never seen a club baseball tournament in Southern California. That doesn't mean they don't happen but I certainly spend a lot of time at fields and parks and just don't see that happening.

Dec 11, 2010
Hmmm supply and demand.

Thank the tournament directors for hosting enough events for the mega amount of teams!

If you are seeking better performance in softball
Hold the coaches accountable for not creating rec'king ball level teams in travel.

Oh wait thats cruel, shouldnt everyone get to play?!

Perhaps its become clear
(Just like in college)
There are simply different levels of softball being played.

Certainly are a huge heck of a lot more softball teams then there are baseball teams here in California anyway.

if there were as many baseball teams Youth and teenager levels would definitely see more disparity also.
You completely missed the point of my post.

“Grow softball”, right Rad?

Does that mean mostly for people like you and Uncle Rico- or are the rest of us who don’t have kids delivering $20 bills to us allowed to have an opinion?

And when I say “bubble” do you understand what that means?

Yeah, it’s harsh.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Have never ever heard a coach say
'Please dont work on developing skills (like pitching) on your own'
Lol! Saw this after I posted. Yeah, that’s what happens. Kids can spend 3 more hours a week working on something they think they will never use.

All while maintaining a 4.0 and trying to be able to have some semblance of a social life.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
You completely missed the point of my post.

“Grow softball”, right Rad?

Does that mean mostly for people like you and Uncle Rico or are the rest of us who don’t have kids delivering $20 bills to us allowed to have an opinion?

And when I say “bubble” do you understand what that means?

Yeah, it’s harsh.
Yep
Grow Softball got it!

Softball has grown and grown and grown completely and people groan about it now.

I brought up a very valid point about how expansive travel softball is. I view it as opportunity for more people players and families and coaches and I think it's a good thing. Yes I played softball when only the best of the best got to play.
Yet I am thankful that softball has grown.

By-pass here...
Little rant 😁
I have to put my foot down if you are going to put my name and Uncle Rico in the same catagory. What I do is completely not the same category. So please don't refer to me as being the same as Uncle Rico. You have no idea what volunteer work I do and my lesson pricing, and my standards.
(I will say this)
it is difficult to know that there are others in our softball community a particular that I know of that has large group workouts and calls it lessons except for they don't give any technical feedback. They don't even work on catchers pop times or teach correct throwing skills. Yeah it's difficult to know that some people are just followers and not paying attention to whether or not their own children are developing. Yes it's difficult to watch the same people go play for coaches who don't help them develop. Yes it's difficult to watch parents who don't follow through on paying attention to the softball homework lessons/training that students are given.
However,
I am not a check collector!!!
Never ever continue to collect money from people who I recognized the student player is not invested with energy and training. I'm thankful to be known as an instructor who has actually asked people to step off the schedule because see their parents are just spending money. Like sending their kid to a carnival... I am not the face painter at the carnival.
I have standards, Thankfully so 👍💯🥎🏆😁

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
For the most part they play Little League but as far as Club baseball (that's what I'm speaking to Club baseball compared to travel ball) nowhere near as expansive as softball travel ball.
You initially said baseball teams which is why I was surprised..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma