How to place warranty claim?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2021
I need to place a claim for a Mantra+ that has the hollow dead sound when you tap it on the ground/grass. It was getting no pop, hits weee awful, discovered the hollow sound.

Anyone know what the reason for return should be? Rattle? Wobble? Broken? Other?
Have they been wanting dead bats sent back or no?

Thanks!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
List it as broken. They always want the bat back so they can review the claim. Make sure you have the receipt to make your life easy.

May 19, 2024
Highly recommend keeping the broken bat if possible-makes for a pretty good machine/heavy/cage bat. Especially if it is the same size/weight

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I recently submitted a claim on a Ghost and did not have to send the bat back. They simply shipped me the replacement.
That's the exception rather than the rule. Most want pictures, but if the bat was broken that obviously, meaning it's not just a rattle of shark tooth crack, that could be why.

May 28, 2019
That's the exception rather than the rule. Most want pictures, but if the bat was broken that obviously, meaning it's not just a rattle of shark tooth crack, that could be why.
i did a warranty claim with easton on a white ghost a couple months ago. I had to upload all the pictures of bats with serial numbers and the pics of the cracks. They saw it was cracked so they told me to keep it.

Apr 1, 2021
Northern VA
i did a warranty claim with easton on a white ghost a couple months ago. I had to upload all the pictures of bats with serial numbers and the pics of the cracks. They saw it was cracked so they told me to keep it.
Same experience here. Uploaded pics and explained there was also a rattle. Took a couple weeks to get a response, but was told to keep the bat and a new one was on the way.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Same experience here. Uploaded pics and explained there was also a rattle. Took a couple weeks to get a response, but was told to keep the bat and a new one was on the way.
It sounds like there was evident cracking from the photos, right? If you tried that with a wobbly connection, they'd need to see the bat to prove it. If it's cut in half, you're good to go.IMG_20240410_201815.jpg

Apr 1, 2021
Northern VA
It sounds like there was evident cracking from the photos, right? If you tried that with a wobbly connection, they'd need to see the bat to prove it. If it's cut in half, you're good to go.View attachment 29702
Actually wasn't anything major and frankly some who looked at it in person thought it might not even be cracked...just paint scratches. I submitted the claim on the last day of warranty and was pleasantly surprised it was approved with no need to ship the damaged bat back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach