How much stuff people carry

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
That coach has at least 9 pack mules. Never understood the need for carts for coaches. Now parents with a younger kid/food/pop up, chairs, ect, I can understand.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I quit carrying the nets, when I got the TCB balls. Thinking back, to when my kids played, I had to carry team bats and all of the helmets. Geez. Yes, to the first aid kit.

medicpelle

You are looking live.....
Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
I will fess up....Two wagons for our team. Three Bow Nets, two bucket of balls, One bucket of golf ball size wiffel balls and TCB balls. First aid kit, Spike cleaner, Team ball bag with two sets of caters gear and other misc items, Two tees, my back pack with typical items. Yes we have a team trailer. We keep extra helmets, players bags, coolers, heaters, canopy tents etc. Parents don't need to bring anything but chairs. Reason being for all the equipment, we don't run a muck between games. Girls want to work on hitting. I also have two plates we use for hitting for visual reps on outside and inside pitches.
photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I know I am about ready to buy a box trailer to carry my stuff. Right now as head coach I carry all this in the back of my suburban every day:
Sling pitcher
Bow net
2 or 3 the 5 gal. Buckets of balls (1 bucket is pitching balls only)
Roll around speaker
5 gal water jug
Jugs Hitting T
Teams catchers gear
TCBalls
1 boombah bat bat will oldest DDs gear
1 bat backpack that holds youngest DDs gear
My fielders glove and catchers mitt
My wife's fielders glove
Extra batting helmets
Extra kids glove
First aid kit
4 folding chairs
A quick shade canopy with double awnings
Throw down bases
And some days- jugs lite flite pitching machine and 3 doz balls
Extension cords

Our tournament wagon is so big it has to ride on top of the suburban.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Do you know what most high school coaches carry? Not much. Maybe a scorebook and water. Crazy, isn't it?

I'm guessing because in TB you have so many games in a day.

I am in the take too much camp but it does help keep up with the girls and to be able to do different hitting drills for warm up. I say tournament days are as good as any day to work on things.

There is a team around here that has what looks like a nascar pit box. It's pretty sweet with a complete sound system and storage for all the gadgets. Bright colored too. Don't remember the team name.

I like the trailer. Pretty sweet.

Jun 24, 2013
DD’s school coaches do not carry a dang thing.

They walk out to the field from the school or the bus and all the players grab something. Home games they all have responsibilities of setting and tearing down the field.

It is a different thing someone is pulling up to the parking lot at some random time and bringing the equipment to the field or putting it away when the coach gets tied up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle