How much stuff people carry

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I saw this last night. I used to bring a lot of stuff, too. I don't think that it was ever this much.
stuff.jpg

And this mom, doing a great job, with girls in LL and a handicapped son and a new born.
IMG_7535.jpg

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yeah. Thank God for SUVs, vans and the all important wagon! Looks like me when we hit a tourney but DW's pulling the wagon while I drag the pop-up tent, cooler and carry the Bownet. It's been rule #1 in our house since DD was 5 YO that she carries/drags her own equipment bag.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2013
trek-day-11-sherpa-load-carry[1].jpg

Carts, wagons and bags are great but the best thing Ive found so far is the brand new Sherpa 500.avilable at most local sporting good stores.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Basketball season is a great thing. Park (for free) 100 feet from the door. You walk inside maybe carrying a seat pad. They sell popcorn and water for $1 each and in an hour give or take you stand up and walk out the door.

Spoiled by that.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A couple weeks ago, upon seeing the pile of stuff in the back of my Explorer, a friend (who is not a softball dad) asked if I was going on a camping trip. 90% of that stuff goes to and from the field for every game or practice.

I'm with YOCOACH. DD drags her own gear.

Dec 20, 2012
Coach around here has an ice chest with 2 car batteries in it, 4 6x9, amp and stereo. That is on bottom of his double Decker wagon. Overkill? Maybe. But cool as he'll!

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
You can get spoiled by basketball season but you'll be happy to carry gear after sitting through swimm meets and wrestling tourneys all winter. They are looong. Hours in between events/matches only to watch your kid for 30 seconds -3 min. Exciting during that time though. Wouldn't trade any of it for the world

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Normal for me is the cart with two buckets and two Bownets, plus the rolling gear bag (Hockey goalie bag) with medical kits, gloves, TCS balls (heavy and wiffle), paperwork, bat/helmet racks, hand tools (shovel, rake, pliers, screwdrivers), towels, etc. It's a lot of gear but I'd rather be prepared.

I bring a bucket pretty much everywhere nowadays...never know when you'll need a place to sit!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle