how many bats to have?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2012
Texas
Mine carries two bats the Stealth Speed -10 which is her main bat and a Miken MV3 -10 which is her pitching machine bat. We are thinking about getting a lighter DeMarini CF4 since she is working on become a slapper as well as the power hitter she currently is.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I see kids carrying 3, 4 bats and i wonder if its like the old adage. the man with 1 clock always knows what time it is, the man with 2 clocks is never sure.

1 bat for games, and one for batting machines would be the max to me.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
As my DD has grown I have bought her new bats and we have kept the lastest 'old one' in her bag as a 'backup'. She also uses the lighter bat if we face a pitcher throwing faster than she normally sees.

Doing the colder months she carriers one composite and one aluminum bat to use when the temp is below 50 degrees.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
As my DD has gown I have bought her new bats and we have kept the lastest 'old one' in her bag as a 'backup'. She also uses the lighter bat if we face a pitcher throwing faster than she normally sees.

We have two...CF5 and the Freak. Now, does it really matter if the bat varies from practice to game? One of our coach says use the same bat, another says it doesn't matter that much as long as they're similar.

Jun 21, 2010
CF5, Synergy, and Xeno. She's been using the CF5 with great results. The Synergy she allows another girl to use. The Xeno we have left in the bag since she is doing so well with the CF5. She has a Synge she uses only in the cage.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
DD has 4 in her bag . She loans them out a lot and you never know when someone else might need a bat . She has 2 CF5's , Rocket Tech and her old Worth "Amp Slapper" . She uses the RT when its cold , Never uses the Worth anymore and since she just moved up a size has her old and new CF5 . A lot of girls like using her old CF5 since it was a warranty replacement and is still in great shape .

DD has 1 now so she appears to be the minority. She sold her back up earlier this season and uses a Combat Fernandez. Although we will probably add one more this offseason that is heavier and keep the current as a back up. It is a 32 -12 and I think she could swing a 22 ounce easily now.

That Combat is a great bat though...lots of pop.

Jun 27, 2011
my DD has 4. a CF5 -11, a CF5 Hope -10, a CF3 -9, and a -10 cheap easton aluminum bat for the pitching machine. hoping to add a phenix to her bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06