How Does He Do It????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
How does Alex Rodriguez eat 50 sunflower seeds at once? If I am super focused, I can eat two at once. My son says that he can eat four, by lodging the un-eaten ones in his upper braces. My goal this season is to be able to eat 10 at once. Any tips from seasoned sunflower-seed eaters? Does anyone out there hold a candle to ARod's prowess? (I'm injecting some levity but I'm also serious - I am missing something in the seed-eating department)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It takes pratice like everything else. Start slow couple at a time. I put a hand full in my mouth. I store them on the left side of my cheek. I then pull one at a time over with my tongue and crack it with my teeth. I'm pretty ggod that if I'm inside I can store the eaten shells on the right cheek.
I'm part chipmunk
chipmunks-2291.gif

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I eat 'em all day. Rdbass gave a stellar play-by-play of the proper technique. It's all in the tongue. We'll leave it that since this is a public forum.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Thanks for the tips, especially Rdbass's instructions :) I'll give it a try. I had to literally put my hand over my mouth yesterday to keep from saying a sarcastic comment directed towards the umpire in DD's game - a handful of seeds will be just the ticket!

Jul 26, 2010
You're a pro when you can store them in both cheeks. I only became an expert whilst denying my players when I coached. It has been proven that 95% of young ladies cannot hit and eat sunflower seeds at the same time. I learned to dump a bag in my mouth and return the empty bag.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks for the tips, especially Rdbass's instructions :) I'll give it a try. I had to literally put my hand over my mouth yesterday to keep from saying a sarcastic comment directed towards the umpire in DD's game - a handful of seeds will be just the ticket!

A MOUTHFULL of seeds is this ticket to a happy(quiet) parent. Learning to stuff your mouth with seeds is the only way to be the successful parent of a pitcher.

-W

Aug 5, 2012
It takes pratice like everything else. Start slow couple at a time. I put a hand full in my mouth. I store them on the left side of my cheek. I then pull one at a time over with my tongue and crack it with my teeth. I'm pretty ggod that if I'm inside I can store the eaten shells on the right cheek.
I'm part chipmunk
...until that side of your mouth gets all shriveled up. Then you need to be able to switch sides. Veterans can also drink water, soda, etc with a mouthful of seeds without choking to death. As another option, I used to store peanuts in my back pockets when I was out in the field. Those, however, were eaten shell and all. Just requires a LOT more chewing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing