How do you handle different coaching technique from multiple coaches all trying to

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Okay, you need to read on here a little bit about hitting. You have said some key phrases that scream to me that her current hitting coach, might not be teaching right, like you keep talking about her weight back, that is wrong in baseball and softball. Also you said her back shoulder is dropping, well take a look at the model hitting thread. Your shoulders do drop, or for a better word "tilt" when hitting, try to hit with out your shoulder dropping or "tilting." I have to ask, do you or the current hitting coach say these phrases, swing level and squish the bug also? Then sit down and read and have your whole world on hitting blown away. As far as striding or stepping thats a personal prefrence.

Good post. One comment ... whether a hitter uses a no-stride or stride approach, I still want them going forward with timing. Just came back from giving a lesson on that point-of-emphasis ... covered it from both a hitting & slapping perspective. Good hitters don't stay back, they go forward with timing. They go forward as they 'stay back' ... and they do it with timing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travis.goodnight