Hosting Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
WOW, this is the first year my DD has made All-Stars (8U Gold) and in the past I have never bothered with the tournaments. So needless to say this is the first time I have ever participated hosting our teams annual tournament. It is exhausting, 12 hours of dragging fields and snack bar. I didn't expect to stay at the fields that long but it has truly been a great and fun experience. There is a certain level of pride hosting a tournament and it just keeps you going and going. All day doing everything from emptying trash container, to filling snack bar orders, barbecuing, dragging fields, running score boards and everything in between. I do have to say we have the best tournament that we have played in this All-Star season. We have the fields to accommodate 85 teams from 8U Silver to 14U Gold all in one venue. Going from one teams game to another and so on without ever leaving the park has brought our softball families even closer together. Hopefully our girls continue to do well and bring this tourney home for us. Well thanks for taking the time to read my post, it's been an exciting day for me and even though I am ridiculously tired and can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Lol, lets see this post again at 14U. Welcome to the ongoing lists of parents that make local ball perpetuate.

Apr 13, 2013
We host a few year-end tournaments, we have 5 fields so not near the size you are dealing with.

If the weather cooperates it is easy money and a lot of fun, if the weather is bad it is a pain in the a**.

Have fun today!

Edit: I insist that if I am putting that much work in that I get to enjoy some of the games. It can be hard sometimes because there always seems to be something to do.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Another long day of working the fields/snack bar. It was a great weekend of softball for our girls, unfortunately my DD's team could not make it to the big dance. This is the fourth tournament that they have fallin to the eventual champs, either in the simi-finals or the championship game. 3 of the last teams in the simi were champions in previous tournaments and then there was us, the team that just can't get over the hump. In all our tournaments we have killed it in the pool play and Sundays first bracket games, shutting out teams with scores like 12-0, 8-0 and such to the point were our girls make it look easy. A great deal of our success is in large part to our pitcher who is awesome. Unfortunately it seems like the deeper we go on in the tournament (more games played) the more difficult time she has and eventually teams catch up to her. Not sure if it's fatigue or better competition or probably both but when she is cold the teams batting gets cold too. But when she is hot, our bats are hot. The team just needs to find a way to help her out when she is struggling. We will be hosting Districs next week, the last tournament of my DD's All-Star season unless the place 1st or 2nd so hopefully they can pull together and extend this season one more week. Well practice, practice, practice and we will give it another go next weekend. Thanks for reading and thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz