HELP! please evaluate my daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Get out of here, look at the video you posted and get off your high horse. Get serious man. I don't play games like you, so don't even bother, I don't want to hear it.

I have no plans to "Get out of here".

I am serious. I am not playing games. You have made recommendations. I'm asking you to support your recommendations with video. It's a simple request. To suggest that you don't want to hear it, suggests to me that you are shooting from the hip with your recommendations.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Put one step in-front of the other, do you see the shoulder angle difference at the launch position? The launch position is at toe touch.

View attachment 13904

Looking to find slowpitch swings that have the body orientation below at swing launch that Shawn recommends.

Shawn-Launch-Recommendation-For-Slow-Pitch.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here is Shawn's recommended launch position for a slowpitch swing ....

Shawn-Launch-Recommendation-For-Slow-Pitch.gif

I viewed a random slowpitch hitting video ... but didn't find supporting evidence of Shawn's recommendation. What gives?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
ok back to reality. The tee swing has several things different. The back elbow is higher and the shoulders are counter rotated too much. The counter rotation isn't present in the live arm swings. I've seen this many times, no counter rotation on live arm and way too much on the tee.

Jun 8, 2016
The OP came to a fastpitch site so I am assuming he/she is looking for advice on the fastpitch swing...:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA