Please help me with my daughter’s swing 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I tried to get my DD turn the barrel and use her lower body more. The ball is being driven farther than before. She also reports her outer right thigh hurts the next day. please comment if her swing is better or worse than before. Thank you.

DD shifts THEN swings not shift AND swings . Learn what that means......

Oct 3, 2019
Please help me with my daughter’s (10 yo) swings. She completed her first season with 10u spring rec team and will do summer for the first time. (She started with 8u rec spring of 2020 and abruptly ended the season due to Covid‘s sheltering in place. We only returned this year so it was almost a fresh restart.) I don't know much about softball so any tips would be greatly appreciated. The actual swinging starts at 15 sec. Thank you.

Use YouTube to get some insight into hitting mechanics for your daughter. You will get mostly technical verbiage here which might not be helpful to you if you're just beginning to delve into this. Learning about hitting is fun but can get too complex if you allow it. Bottom line is, keep it as simple as possible for your daughter at this point and more complex teaching can be introduced as she gains understanding of what her body is doing and is supposed to do.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DD shifts THEN swings not shift AND swings . Learn what that means......
This is SHIFT AND SWING:
1Vmog5L.gif

Mar 24, 2022
Another month later, really trying hard to work on the bat drag. This was yesterday at the game in both normal speed and slow motion of the same swing. Any better? Thanks!!
regular speed:

slow motion:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
the original problem hasn’t been addressed. Now she is pushing the barrel. The natural stretch is null wo a shift first. Like any other athletic movement a shift needs to be a prelude to the action. Her swing was good before. She was just dropping her hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12