HELP! please evaluate my daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The back shoulder is to low at the launch position. You want an attack posture and shoulder angle downwards like Lindor is showing. The back shoulder only lowers as the swing starts and because of posture. The lead shoulder raises after the start of the swing (launch position and after).

I don't think her lowerbody is far off.

The front shoulder should come down and in compressing the torso (shorten) from the shoulder to back hip and as the torso from front hip to back shoulder lengthens (back shoulder up and stretched). That action should help taken the slack out of the system. You stretch or load the coil, hide the hands as part of bringing the front down and in.

I'll be back, but I suggest you ask allot of question. I still ask questions and read books on hitting, just finished Positional Hitter and just starting Hitting with Torque.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Posture is important. The back shoulder is just following the posture of the torso. You don't lower the back shoulder and then swing, the back shoulder lowers or follows the posture. It's not by accident that the swing plane and torso posture match, some people try to say that posture isn't a part of the swing plane.

swingplane1a.jpg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The back shoulder is to low at the launch position. You want an attack posture and shoulder angle downwards like Lindor is showing. The back shoulder only lowers as the swing starts and because of posture. The lead shoulder raises after the start of the swing (launch position and after).

I don't think her lowerbody is far off.

The front shoulder should come down and in compressing the torso (shorten) from the shoulder to back hip and as the torso from front hip to back shoulder lengthens (back shoulder up and stretched). That action should help taken the slack out of the system. You stretch or load the coil, hide the hands as part of bringing the front down and in.

I'll be back, but I suggest you ask allot of question. I still ask questions and read books on hitting, just finished Positional Hitter and just starting Hitting with Torque.

Just to clarify ... is your advice here for slow-pitch softball? Please post video evidence supporting your advice. Do the best slow-pitch hitters do as you recommend here?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Just to clarify ... is your advice here for slow-pitch softball? Please post video evidence supporting your advice. Do the best slow-pitch hitters do as you recommend here?

No I don't care if it's fastpitch or slow pitch. A good swing is a good swing. Is the guy you posted dropping the back shoulder before the launch position?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
No I don't care if it's fastpitch or slow pitch. A good swing is a good swing. Is the guy you posted dropping the back shoulder before the launch position?

I see, so you don't have verification that the best slow-pitch hitters swing the way you are recommending ... yet you are adamant that your advice is correct, despite lacking verification ... that makes you a dangerous person to take advice from IMO. Please consider spending some time reviewing how the best slow-pitch hitters swing a bat.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I see, so you don't have verification that the best slow-pitch hitters swing the way you are recommending ... yet you are adamant that your advice is correct, despite lacking verification ... that makes you a dangerous person to take advice from IMO. Please consider spending some time reviewing how the best slow-pitch hitters swing a bat.

Get out of here, look at the video you posted and get off your high horse. Get serious man. I don't play games like you, so don't even bother, I don't want to hear it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06