Heisman trophy winner in RF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

medicpelle

You are looking live.....
Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
Good throw but very poor base running. Dude hesitated and looked into right before/during the turn. To me that is more about poor base running then the throw.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out where that umpire got his x-ray vision :) Only way he could see the tag.

Dec 2, 2012
Good throw but very poor base running. Dude hesitated and looked into right before/during the turn. To me that is more about poor base running then the throw.

Agreed. I wouldn't take anything away from the athleticism in right field, but the runner got himself out.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
It was a good throw, but there is no way that guy should have tried to go 1st to 3rd on that hit unless he was running on the pitch and was rounding 2nd before the ball reached the outfielder.

Nov 29, 2009
I watched Bo Jackson make a similar type of play when he was with the White Sox after his hip replacement. The runner tagged on a deep flyball to right. Bo hustled back and settled behind the ball setting up to make a perfect charge through, crow hop throw ending in a strike to to the 3rd baseman. I was sitting in the cheap seats in the upper deck. It was a thing of beauty to watch the ball make it's long gentle arc into the 3rd baseman's glove. The runner couldn't believe he was out after making a 100% effort to get there and a strong head-first slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle