Heads up.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Ok if you are umpiring it is time you learn about the different kinds of softball. Different cores for different level of play. Mostly different between the youth game and the adult game. But as an umpire, if you allow a ball in play that isn’t the correct core, and DD get hurt by this ball, you may have a lawyer after your balls!!!
note also, in USA Softball, if a player is hit with a batted ball, and has to be carried off the field, it is the umpires responsibility to confiscate the ball and turn in to the TD for further evaluation. In short, if you are going to umpire, know your responsibilities, and your rules.
so the stiches don't mean anything it's the core 46.25 +/-0 .75. I'll get that burned in my memory. Thanks

Jul 2, 2013
This act is illegal, by rule in all sanctions. Umpires should put a stop to this immediately. If they refuse to, than ask for the UIC. If all else fails, tells the umpire you are not going to continue to play. Then the TD will show up and want to know what is going on. Some coaches will do anything for a W.
I thought coaches were supposed to be teaching life lessons?

I agree with you but it seems that once we went to the "supply your own ball" model, umpires stopped even checking them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerard