Have to brag on first travel weekend........sorry!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Played in a Cancer Fundraiser tournament ( 10th Anniversary holding it ). Had 16 teams in 14u from 5 different states. Nice turn out.

This was our first tournament traveling because we have all been playing school ball and had to wait on a few that made it to the state playoffs.

My players read this board frequently and I wanted to say how proud I was of them. Went undefeated all weekend, scored 57 runs and only gave up 8.

Not to mention names, but there was a team from another state talking smack about our players. We met them in the championship game, beat them 14-1, sent them on their 4 hour ride home. :)

Way to go girls!!!

GD

Mar 15, 2010
Excellent. Wish I had the same success in my 14U Championship game yesterday. Faced the #1 seed and the game was tied 5 - 5 going into the bottom of the 6th. With 2 outs and 2 on my center fielder miss judged a fly ball and it careened off the top of her glove and two runs scored. In the top of the 7th my DD came up with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. She hit a solid ground ball almost up the middle and the shortstop made a fantastic play behind the 2nd base bag and threw DD out by a couple of steps at first. I am very proud of my girls as we are a C division league and we beat 3 B division teams to get into the championship.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I am very proud of my girls as we are a C division league and we beat 3 B division teams to get into the championship.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. :)

We have taken our lumps in the past too. It took us years to build the team we have now. Years of scouting, calling parents, try-outs, and a little luck never hurts too. Our team now consists of girls over a 250 mile radius. Which makes practice very difficult. But most of the dads/moms practice at home, which helps immensely.

We are an "A" class division 14u that will hit the 16-18 Gold in the fall. I hope we are ready. :)

Good luck in your summer play.

GD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG