First showcase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD's team had their first showcase over the weekend. We play HS ball in the fall so this was the first time all of the team (except 1 who is hurt) actually played together. Even at practices, we haven't had a full team yet. We got a couple new players - after losing a few from last season. We struggled towards the end of last season and we'd have moments of good stuff but there was always an inning when things got out of hand and we'd lose.

Our first game was an 830am game and it was foggy and freezing. We had a couple of errors and ended up losing 3-2. Not bad as it was very close. DD got to catch for the first time in a few years too. (She actually played 6 different positions over the weekend)

Second game - a little better - we still had some errors that allowed runners to score but won 3-2.
Next team - not that good - we kind of blew them out.
Sunday games - another 2 blow outs.
But DD was 8-13 on the weekend - on Sunday she actually went 5-6.
And have to brag on my team. The last game we won 9-0 but the other team was getting lots of good hits. Their previous game they had 1 hr, 2 triples, 5 doubles so we knew going in they'd be hitting the ball.
Got into a bases loaded no out situation and were like - if we can get out of this with only a few runs that'd be awesome. Grounder - force out at home, then another grounder, double play - inning over.
We had a lot of activity but managed to get out of all bad situations.
Super proud of what DD did and how the team did as well.
It's always interesting when you go against teams that this is the end of their season and it's just beginning for us. All teams we played were from other states.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Awesome that your DD had a good weekend, and her team played well. :)

Were there college coaches watching the games? Did you have a team flyer available? Was there someone from your team available/designated to interact with the college coaches?

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I'm not sure if anyone was actually there - but we do have someone who would be there to talk to them. But ya - we have flyers available too. I'm never really sure about these showcases when there are soo many parks and we aren't in the Super groups so who knows if anyone comes all the way out for lesser known teams. This year our coach is doing a lot more things to get our name out there though.

The last game we played too was the last time slot for the showcase so I'm sure people had left by then :/ Missed some outstanding defense - prob the best I've seen our defense play.
Our pitcher had a bullet hit right at her and stuck her glove out probably just on sheer instinct - caught it and I think was so surprised, it dropped out but she threw to first and made the out - the batter didn't even move since it happened so fast. Not sure if it would have been called as dropped on transfer or not.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD played in their second showcase of the season this past weekend. Better teams this time so we only won 1 but the rest were all really close. DD still managed to go 8-14. She had the 8 hits in the first four games but didn't manage a hit in the 5th game. None of her hits were that extraordinary - she got one double - but she's their lead-off and managed to get on base quite often. So far this season - she's been on base 20-28 plate appearances - if you count the walks and ROE. Still no K's and leads the team in runs (but again - lead-off but she does not have as many RBIs because of that). One last showcase this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478