Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I’m deep into Lithium on XM right now, the format is Alt and Grunge from the 90’s.

How did we have so much good music then? And artists that pulled together so many genres in such a cool way!

Lithium and Alt Nation are the top 2 channels on my XM presets. I introduced Maddie to grunge, and she introduced me to current alt rock. Our long hours in the car rarely include arguments over music.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I recall reading about Jani Lane (lead singer of Warrant, RIP) walking into the record company offices and the big poster for "Cherry Pie" that was there the day before had been replaced by Pearl Jam/Nirvana (I don't remember which). He knew in that moment, the ride was coming to an end.

Maddie told me yesterday..."I think I like Pearl Jam better than Bush".
Still remember the very first time I heard "Why Go"...wow!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As a Phillies fan...I'm going to say congratulations to the Braves for winning the World Series. But lookout. The Phillies are coming...especially if we can get Corriea from Houston and some pitching. lol
Not getting Corriea...he is gonna cost a fortune. I wouldnt be surprised if we get Story...cheaper and less years as he is older. I would love Simien,
but again, cost tons. They need another good starter and a whole darn bullpen to fix still. And still get an outfielder. Its a lot to get, I dont think
a 10 year contract will be in the future for us to sign someone to. Plus, we have a ss coming up thru the system, dont think they want to
spend that long and not get Scott up here.
I know we have been linked to Schwarber, and if he comes in around McCutchen money, Im good with that. Like 2 years/32M.
If we can get Story for 3/60M I would be ok...but even better if we can do 2 years. But the fact we need pitching too, is going to hamper
what we need to do.

Aug 13, 2017
#1. Gary Clark Jr. Foo Fighters, 80's hair bands

#2. Porky's

#3. Garage Beer - Braxton Brewery Cincinnati

#4. Buckeyes Football & Wrestling. Bengals & Reds, UC Football

#5. Wrestling: HS, College, Sr. Level

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Not getting Corriea...he is gonna cost a fortune. I wouldnt be surprised if we get Story...cheaper and less years as he is older. I would love Simien,
but again, cost tons. They need another good starter and a whole darn bullpen to fix still. And still get an outfielder. Its a lot to get, I dont think
a 10 year contract will be in the future for us to sign someone to. Plus, we have a ss coming up thru the system, dont think they want to
spend that long and not get Scott up here.
I know we have been linked to Schwarber, and if he comes in around McCutchen money, Im good with that. Like 2 years/32M.
If we can get Story for 3/60M I would be ok...but even better if we can do 2 years. But the fact we need pitching too, is going to hamper
what we need to do.
Truthfully, I like Didi at short. I never thought I'd say that being anti-Yankees. He's a very serviceable shortstop. I don't know if he's unhappy in Philadelphia or what. But your right about Corriea. He's going to cost a buttload of money. Plus, if we have someone in the system, maybe Didi short term would be a better bet. I would like for Trevor Story, Simien, or Schwarber to come to Philadelphia. I'm trying to wrack my brain as to who Schwarber is. Does he play for the Nationals? But, pitching is such a glaring hole.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
As a St. Louis Cardinal's fan, I know that there will be a lot of rumors and speculation about the Cardinals and when spring comes, nothing will have happened. The goal of ownership is to have the Cardinals mentioned as a possible playoff team at the end of August. Anything after that is icing on the cake for ownership. They will get their 3 million + through the turnstile and be as happy as can be. The Arenado and Goldschmidt moves are the exception to their general off-season practices.

Per music, I am getting older and am still amazed by the rock and roll of my generation. Now, I'm more country than anything else.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As a St. Louis Cardinal's fan, I know that there will be a lot of rumors and speculation about the Cardinals and when spring comes, nothing will have happened. The goal of ownership is to have the Cardinals mentioned as a possible playoff team at the end of August. Anything after that is icing on the cake for ownership. They will get their 3 million + through the turnstile and be as happy as can be. The Arenado and Goldschmidt moves are the exception to their general off-season practices.

Per music, I am getting older and am still amazed by the rock and roll of my generation. Now, I'm more country than anything else.
I don't know if I've ever pulled for a team so hard as I did for the Cardinals against the Dodgers in that NL Wild Card game! Dodgers = 🤮

Sorry Eric, can't lie! ;)

May 21, 2018
As a St. Louis Cardinal's fan, I know that there will be a lot of rumors and speculation about the Cardinals and when spring comes, nothing will have happened. The goal of ownership is to have the Cardinals mentioned as a possible playoff team at the end of August.
"We were in on him til the end"........"just got outbid"..........."came in a close second on this one"............"we feel confident in what we have moving forward"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles