Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I’m deep into Lithium on XM right now, the format is Alt and Grunge from the 90’s.

How did we have so much good music then? And artists that pulled together so many genres in such a cool way!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I’m deep into Lithium on XM right now, the format is Alt and Grunge from the 90’s.

How did we have so much good music then? And artists that pulled together so many genres in such a cool way!
I feel that most era's had some good music going on...it just wasn't always in the mainstream at the time. During some periods we'd have several distinct musical genres putting out new stuff that was groundbreaking but not getting airplay or much recognition at all.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

It’s amazing that Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, and Kurt Cobain absolutely shut down the hair bands! Grunge hit like a tsunami! And I’m really not even scratching the grudge movement surface with those three names I named above!

Dec 11, 2010
Scott Weiland sure seemed to write great material for the short periods of time he wasn’t absolutely destroyed.

Saw them in ‘94 or ‘95. Damn they tore it up. Saw Hank Jr. and The Beach Boys the same week, lol. Hank threw a gosh damned party, y’all.

Feb 24, 2021
I'm especially happy for Freddie Freeman, such a great player as well as a real class act. I hope they do the right thing and pay him to stay, hard to find many players that stay with one organization their entire career!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It’s amazing that Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, and Kurt Cobain absolutely shut down the hair bands! Grunge hit like a tsunami! And I’m really not even scratching the grudge movement surface with those three names I named above!

I recall reading about Jani Lane (lead singer of Warrant, RIP) walking into the record company offices and the big poster for "Cherry Pie" that was there the day before had been replaced by Pearl Jam/Nirvana (I don't remember which). He knew in that moment, the ride was coming to an end.

Maddie told me yesterday..."I think I like Pearl Jam better than Bush".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06