Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I found it much easier not to ask or tell my wife about a significant purchase than it is to request permission. I guess the old saying holds; It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
We had a radio guy in Minnesota who talks about the 48 hour rule. If you bring something home and have it out in plain sight for 48 hours without anyone (usually wife) complaining about your purchase, you're in the clear. You get to say "What? That thing's been here for a long time."

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We had a radio guy in Minnesota who talks about the 48 hour rule. If you bring something home and have it out in plain sight for 48 hours without anyone (usually wife) complaining about your purchase, you're in the clear. You get to say "What? That thing's been here for a long time."
Like Black Glocks, HK’s and Tan gloves! 😉

WHAT….no honey that’s not new!

Dec 11, 2010
@LEsoftballdad and anyone else- There was some investment info in another thread. Kind of want to leave that there.

Anybody buy the 3 month treasury bills? I keep hearing how easy it is, you tie up the money for 3 months but it is almost 5% right now. What I don’t get is: Is it 5% for the three months? Somehow they pay you up front?

I’m kind of poking around treasurydirect.gov but I don’t feel like I know what I am doing.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
@LEsoftballdad and anyone else- There was some investment info in another thread. Kind of want to leave that there.

Anybody buy the 3 month treasury bills? I keep hearing how easy it is, you tie up the money for 3 months but it is almost 5% right now. What I don’t get is: Is it 5% for the three months? Somehow they pay you up front?

I’m kind of poking around treasurydirect.gov but I don’t feel like I know what I am doing.
That's an annual rate, so you get pro rated interest. Most people roll them into another Treasury after there bill expires, especially people who use it for income. They're not front-loaded interest bearing instruments, but they're sold at a discount which is recouped at redemption.

T-Bills are not taxable at the state and local level, but interest is taxed by the feds. If you want a tax-free instrument, you'd need to buy municipal bonds issued by your state.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Today, my academic career ended. I'm officially a college graduate. Now, I'm not done with our sport. I still have one more year of eligibility remaining which I'm taking. I can't wait to start school in Hershey soon as a wife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott