Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
OMG! I got news for my DFP family.

I drove yesterday morning to my boyfriend's parents' place who live about half an hour or so from DC on the Virginia side. We went out to eat last night at a nice place and after we ate...he got down on a knee and proposed to me! I said yes! I can't believe

I told my parents what happened over Zoom last night. My sister and brother don't know the news yet. Of course, they're thrilled to the moon and back over the news their little girl is getting married. We haven't set a date or anything, yet. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I was going to propose a destination wedding over the summer after I graduate in somewhere like Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, or The Bahamas.

I'm going to be getting married! I can't believe it! *squeal sound*

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
@softgabby Congratulations!!!!! Many of us on here that have been around for awhile remember your very first post. We've "watched," you grow both as a person and student/athlete into the wonderful young lady you are today. Here's wishing that all of your future hopes and dreams come true and that you still keep us up to date. Who knows? Someday down the road you may need some help with that little softball player of your own:D

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
@softgabby Congratulations!!!!! Many of us on here that have been around for awhile remember your very first post. We've "watched," you grow both as a person and student/athlete into the wonderful young lady you are today. Here's wishing that all of your future hopes and dreams come true and that you still keep us up to date. Who knows? Someday down the road you may need some help with that little softball player of your own:D
Thank you so much for this. It's still so surreal that I'm getting married and that I still only have a few more seasons left in my playing career (I do plan on coaching once I'm past medical school, residency, and getting my career on track). Thank you for following my journey. Your daughter's journey is one of the ones I've tried to follow on here although I haven't done a good job of it as of late with putting in so many late nights trying to study for my own courses, playing softball, and everything else that goes on especially now with starting to plan for a wedding. I also have followed @ANNASDAD and @Eric F 's daughters' journies on here as well. I know I have grown so much from that insecure young girl to the woman I am now. Thank you for the good luck wishes on my hopes and dreams. And your right. I do hope to someday come on here and ask for advice with my own daughter's journey into softball. Wouldn't that be awesome if I came on here one day saying my daughter wants to be a catcher beast like her mom? :LOL: But I'm putting the cart before the horse. :LOL:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Ugh! Just found out that our school may end up having to go to remote learning when we start back up on January 10, 2022, due to increases in COVID cases. I'm hoping this doesn't affect softball season. If we go remote, you can bet I'm spending a week at home and then a week at my fiance's and we're flipping back and forth at each other's homes. Then again...he's graduating this year and he's taking a year off before starting at Dickinson's School of Law.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Ugh! Just found out that our school may end up having to go to remote learning when we start back up on January 10, 2022, due to increases in COVID cases. I'm hoping this doesn't affect softball season. If we go remote, you can bet I'm spending a week at home and then a week at my fiance's and we're flipping back and forth at each other's homes. Then again...he's graduating this year and he's taking a year off before starting at Dickinson's School of Law.
Emily graduated this semester and her SB career is over. But last year, when her school went to remote learning, the team was on campus, practicing and playing games with testing protocols in place.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Emily graduated this semester and her SB career is over. But last year, when her school went to remote learning, the team was on campus, practicing and playing games with testing protocols in place.
I graduate in 2023. So I guess I'm a junior in academic terms and a sophomore in softball eligibility terms. I have three more seasons if I take my redshirt/COVID shortened seasons and combine them into one farewell campaign. Then again, I'm not sure how the NCAA is going to count the COVID shortened season for 2020. We have good testing protocols in place at my school. We currently have three girls on our team who are currently positive. I'm hoping we get to stay on campus. But if we have to be totally off-campus, I have a plan in place that should go well.

BTW, I love the name Emily. I'm hoping to name one of my girls Emily someday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06