Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What makes it good?

My dad always talked about super hard knives holding an edge vs skinning knives being softer but easier to sharpen but I’ve never got that far into it.
Morning Ww!
It's a real hard tool steel, so high hardness, crazy edge retention, very tough...which isn't too common in a blade steel this hard, and has really high Vanadium. @tim_s would probably love it, K390 is the tool steel equivalent to stainless S90V, which is another excellent steel!

In folders I've been on a tool steel kick lately, I've got K390, M4, and Cru-Wear, all three are excellent and I love using and carrying all three! To me K390 is just the other two steels on steroids!! I've got a Spyderco Endela in K390, it's just a absolutely fantastic EDC knife, it's kicked everything out of my pocket except for my Spyderco Manix in Cru-Wear, another tool steel, you see where this is going? Loving tool steels, if these had been available 5...10 years ago, I wouldn't have the large collection of knives that I do!

This can definitely explain it better than me!

Dec 11, 2010
Interesting!

For some reason, I can only have one knife at a time. As soon as I get two I lose one.

I know what I will be looking for if/when I lose my current one! It has been a constant since 2008 I think.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Merry Christmas, my DFP fam! My school is a few days away from Winter break where we won't resume school until after the first week of January. What are your Christmas plans? Are you guys travelling to visit family?

We're planning on having some of my family in from New York and Ohio as well as having my older brother up from Delaware. I'm going to be spending some time with my boyfriend's family over Christmas break but he's planning on coming up here to Philly, from the DC area. I'm not sure if my sister is spending any time with her boyfriend's family over Christmas break in New York but I know she's supposed to be coming in next Friday from Bloomsburg.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm wondering what @CoreSoftball20 and @ANNASDAD is thinking so far of the MLB lockout? I think it's complete BS that the two sides can't come together to have kept the work stoppage from happening. I was enjoying seeing how free agency was working out so far.

Personally, I would like to see the DH come permanently to the NL. I thought it was fun seeing it during the COVID shortened season.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wow, I’m feeling pretty left out and dumb, had no idea there was a lockout in place? I mean the Braves won….. I was already looking forward to Spring Training!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Every time the contract ends, they lock out. To me, its just millionaires trying to get more for their side.

Im not a fan of the DH, but I get why the players union wants it. It gets another guy making millions
who cant play the field well, it lets him stick around baseball longer and make more money.

May 20, 2015
on a side note, the new knife got to eat again Saturday AM - was the last day of blackpowder, last day of deer season 2021 - I was able to sit until around 9am, then we had plans.....I had doe #3 down by 7:30 - the more I use this knife, the more I love it......she was field dressed quick as can be without a blip......