Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
@ANNASDAD
My oldest DD recently introduced me to Sammy Rae and Friends. She is fantastic. Give her a listen. We caught them in Brooklyn, front row (general admission) what a show.

May 21, 2018
Any of you guys have a band, group, particular song, genre of music that you’ve never owned, never downloaded, and never seen live before…..but when it’s on the radio you NEVER turn it off?

For me it’s Rage Against The Machine! Angry music! There‘s a somewhat local radio station that Rage either partially owns or has stock in, this station plays them a lot! Your typical 56 year old man music! ;)
Interesting question that really got me thinking. I'm a bit of a music nut, so I generally get a copy (digital now) of most songs I like no matter the genre, but I don't think I've ever downloaded any of the 50's girl groups, other than solo Mary Wells, but I like a lot of the music.

I don't have a ton of Jazz or Latin either, but I would never turn off Dave Brubeck, especially "Take Five".

As far as RATM, "People of the Sun" at mind numbing volumes is one of life's great pleasures.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@ANNASDAD
My oldest DD recently introduced me to Sammy Rae and Friends. She is fantastic. Give her a listen. We caught them in Brooklyn, front row (general admission) what a show.
Okay, just watched maybe two minutes of one of their videos.....WTH did I just watch?? That's about as far away from Rage against the Machine as it could possibly get!! 😆 This my friend is what different likes and opinions are all about!

May 21, 2018
I may have posted this here before, too lazy to look....

Dave Matthews and Warren Haynes covering "Cortez, the Killer", man how cool would it be to see this live?

Check out this version if you haven't heard it.

Also Katie Pruitt does a killer cover of "After the Gold Rush" if you are into Neil Young covers.......which I am.

Sep 19, 2018
Okay, just watched maybe two minutes of one of their videos.....WTH did I just watch?? That's about as far away from Rage against the Machine as it could possibly get!! 😆 This my friend is what different likes and opinions are all about!
I wasn't thinking She sounded like Rage. I was referencing, a group I would not otherwise listen to but listens to when I hear it.

WH is one of my guitar / musical inspirations. I even bought a baby Soldano trying to get his sound. "An Evening with the Allman Brothers" has some incredible guitar work on it.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Any of you guys have a band, group, particular song, genre of music that you’ve never owned, never downloaded, and never seen live before…..but when it’s on the radio you NEVER turn it off?

For me it’s Rage Against The Machine! Angry music! There‘s a somewhat local radio station that Rage either partially owns or has stock in, this station plays them a lot! Your typical 56 year old man music! ;)
I have a hard time picturing you listening to RATM. :LOL: I wouldn't have a hard time imagining Anna listening to them.

My pick is Kid Rock. I was mesmerized the first time I watched Bawitdaba from Woodstock on youtube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2