Got one taken away today!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
Bretman,

No sweat, I am sure it is how I wrote it. I stink at writing things and that was a long mad post last night :)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2009
Since the inning was not completed the score should revert back to the last completed inning. Tie game 2-2.

We had this happen a couple of times where we played when we shouldn't have and have come to the conclusion it's not worth it. Since this is not Nationals you really have to do what is right for your team. If the conditions are that bad ask them to postpone the game. Get the UIC to check the field conditions you do not have to put your players at risk. We had a game where our coach asked the ump not to start the game the blue said it wasn't that bad. Our pitchers first pitch hit the batter (not on purpose, a visible slip) coach called our team off the field. He was ready to take the forfeit, it was too early in the season to lose a player. At that point the UIC came over talked with the umpire and all games were stopped. Safety first.

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Since the inning was not completed the score should revert back to the last completed inning. Tie game 2-2.

Not the case here. Since the home team had tied the game (or, it should have been tied, scorekeeping errors aside), you don't revert back. In the bottom half of an inning, you only revert back if the home team is behind and has not completed their at-bat when the game was ended.

Different sanctioning bodies, and different tournaments, can have different game ending procedures. For most standard rule sets, this would not be a regulation game (it only went two innings). It could become a postponed game (wiped off the books, replayed from the beginning) or a suspended game (resumed from the point of interuption when conditions permit).

Jan 15, 2009
Should always have bookkeepers reconcile after every inning, especially a big inning. It's easy to keep it straight when no runs score or only one. When you get to 14 batters chances are someone has made a bookkeeping mistake (usually caused by a temporary rage blackout when their kid boots a ball to make a long inning longer).

Mar 15, 2010
mkral,

My sympathies on the injuries. I had 4 out of 12 go down with injuries in game #1 on Saturday and we were playing in perfect SoCal weather. DD took a 50+ fastball to the thigh. Couldn't pitch in 2nd game but played outfield. Shortstop got hit by glove during slide while stealing second and hyper-extended her knee pretty bad, didn't come back into the game nor play in second. Right fielder got drilled in the back by a pitch and had to go to hospital as she couldn't breath properly. Good news, deep bruise only no broken rib. Have to credit the other coach he pulled his pitcher immediately after the second hit batter. 3rd base got hit in the helmet while running to first on dropped 3rd strike. Went down like a brick and taken to the hospital. No concussion but Doc wants her to sit out next two weeks which means she will miss the last two weeks of games. Had to play second game with 8 players and #2 and #3 pitchers. Did OK but lost 6 - 5.

May 11, 2009
Holy cow!! Yeah you know where I am at then for sure. Thank goodness all will recover for you it appears. Man to lose that many in one day is so tough.

I am pretty sure we will be taking youngest DD to doctor tonight she still cannot walk well after this weekends games. She was playing 3rd in a 12U game and reached for a ball to put a tag on a kid who took her feet out hard. Her head bounced off the ground and she was out. No one told us she was out for a close to a minute. (They were on a different field at the same time our 14U team was playing) She got cleated but her foot stuck and her ankle got pretty tweeked in the deal. I am sure she is fine but my wife really wants to get her checked. She is my bull though. She told her coach that even though she can't run she can hit. :) She did return in her second and third game and went 4 for 6 and hit the game winning hit in their third game.

I think I will have to ask for a bed on reserve at the hospital/doctors office, we have been there every Monday night for the past 4 Mondays with one or the other DD. Doc's are going to turn us in for abuse pretty soon.

Mar 15, 2010
...I think I will have to ask for a bed on reserve at the hospital/doctors office, we have been there every Monday night for the past 4 Mondays with one or the other DD. Doc's are going to turn us in for abuse pretty soon.

During Basketball season brought son, DD and then son again to urgent care in a 5 day span. Finger,knee, knee. Joked with the Doc that only two more visits and I get one free. Doc yelled at me that it is attitudes like mine that result in kids being injured, people like me figure Doctors can fix anything and don't take sports injuries seriously. No longer joke with urgent care Docs.

May 11, 2009
WOW he had no sense of humor at all I am laughing my butt off!! But OK I will not crack any jokes tonight when we get there. Thanks for the heads up on that one. Our local doc has no sense of humor of sports at all so I go to him but none of my kids or my wife do. Last year my 13 yo DD took one in the hand and we ran her over to him quick because it was on a Saturday morning and they were close and open. He told me she should quit all sports because it was hard on their bodies and not the type of activities kids should be in, in his opinion. So we don't take the kids there any more.

Jul 28, 2008
I will not continue a game on a wet field. I still get jeers about a championship game I refused to have my team continue in because my pitchers were slipping on their stride. It's just not worth an injury to continue the game. We were ahead, but I told the umpire that he either stop the game or we would forfeit it to the other team. Either way, my team was not going to continue.

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
One good thing about having a crappy field that will not hold water. No debating cancelling games when the rain comes. Our HS field was designed in a hole with hills on three sides. It should have been renamed New Orleans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06