Good luck today!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
To my DD and all of those ladies trying out for High School Softball today...

BE FEARLESS
HAVE A VISION
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
ALWAYS HUSTLE
STAY FOCUSED
GET OUT THERE
GET MOTIVATED
GET INSPIRED

Dec 19, 2012
Our tryouts started this past Monday and the girls had a one-on-one meeting with the coaches after Wednesday's tryout practice. In the meeting the coaches told each girl exactly where they currently stood and what their expectation would be. For everyone else still in the tryout phase, best of luck!

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***

Oldest DD made varsity as a freshman! Admittedly, the school isn't very strong in softball (she is one of 2 freshmen on varsity), but I am happy she will be facing a tougher level of competition than she would have been if she was on JV. It looks like she will be one of the three starting pitchers. She already pitched the entire first game in their first scrimmage last weekend, and is scheduled to pitch the first game of their tournament this weekend (if it doesn't rain).

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***BRAG WARNING***

Oldest DD made varsity as a freshman! Admittedly, the school isn't very strong in softball (she is one of 2 freshmen on varsity), but I am happy she will be facing a tougher level of competition than she would have been if she was on JV. It looks like she will be one of the three starting pitchers. She already pitched the entire first game in their first scrimmage last weekend, and is scheduled to pitch the first game of their tournament this weekend (if it doesn't rain).

My DD made Varsity as a freshman last year - only freshman that did. She started every game but one. My DD played a little tentatively - we think that it was a confidence problem as the youngster on the team but her batting average sure took a hit. Was back up to hitting a .447 for summer ball with way harder pitching so that is the only thing that we can point to. Just an FYI...

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Good luck to those trying out this week. Ours won't start for another week and we are still finalizing the BB season.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know some posters like bashing school ball, it has been DD’s best experience playing SB.

From the heart, good luck everyone!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I know some posters like bashing school ball, it has been DD’s best experience playing SB.

From the heart, good luck everyone!

Agreed. DD #1 quit softball in the fall of her freshman year, but came out of retirement to play on her freshman SB team. She went to a very small middle school, but, by statistical fluke, about half the players on the freshman team were friends of hers from middle school. Some of the girls on that team are still very close friends of hers. She had a blast, but never played softball again.

To give you some idea how close the friendships were on that team: at one point it looked like I was going to leave the country for work related reasons. (I eventually decided to stay in the US. Worse for my career, but better for the family). At that point it was obvious DD #1 had to stay in the US to finish out HS. The parents of one of the girls on the team just said: "She's family to us, she can stay with us for a couple of years, don't worry about it." DD #1 and that girl will probably be friends the rest of their lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom