Glove recommendation - help appreciated!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Absolutely too much glove for the OP's daughter but a great deal for anyone else looking for a Six-Finger outfield glove. And....this is a fantastic Dad glove! Everyone should experience how a Six-Finger breaks in TIP!

Dang! I guess it’s all about the timing!

Any LHT outfielders out there, that is a screaming deal!

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I appreciate the good stuff, but it really depends on if you need to play with it NOW. Do you have the time to build up for break in enough to play? If not, Mizuno have wonderful options that are really quick to break in "What I have used until now"... Her older Mizuno was getting weak along the 4 finger wall and pushing back on hard shots.

Got my daughter this HOH 12.5 for outfield, Christmas of 2021. It just got broke in enough for her to use this season "she's 12 now", started using it in practice this past January. It's breaking in amazingly well and had zero issues during the season...Used Nokona conditioner here and there, wrap it and now anytime it's in her backpack it's got two softballs in it, and when home it's set up so it doesn't pancake. It's a beaut and forming so well! Just did a subtle cleaning after this pic and super light conditioner as we start fall ball here.

Attachments

• Heartglove.jpg
    Heartglove.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Heartgloveback.jpg
    Heartgloveback.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 23
Jun 16, 2022
Absolutely too much glove for the OP's daughter but a great deal for anyone else looking for a Six-Finger outfield glove. And....this is a fantastic Dad glove! Everyone should experience how a Six-Finger breaks in TIP!

I bought the RHT and they are absolutely not kidding when they say it is very stiff out of the box. We have some work to do on this one!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I bought the RHT and they are absolutely not kidding when they say it is very stiff out of the box. We have some work to do on this one!
You'll actually be surprised how easily it's going to break in, there's really no web (per se) to add to the break in. Just keep the thumb and pinky stiff and break it in up through the middle....heel / hinges, palm / pocket, and web lace.

You buy it for you or your DD? Either way, gonna love it! And I highly recommend this glove be worn TIP!

Jun 16, 2022
You'll actually be surprised how easily it's going to break in, there's really no web (per se) to add to the break in. Just keep the thumb and pinky stiff and break it in up through the middle....heel / hinges, palm / pocket, and web lace.

You buy it for you or your DD? Either way, gonna love it! And I highly recommend this glove be worn TIP!
Outfield glove for my daughter and I did recommend she start with TIP with this one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles